Caught The R8 Bug! But Now What? | FerrariChat

Caught The R8 Bug! But Now What?

Discussion in 'Other German' started by mkultra, Feb 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    I know some love it or hate it but I have to say I love it! It has exotic looks and not so exotic price (well, in comparison to new Ferrari's and Lambo's!), has been getting rave reviews and isn't mass produced. Those are the positives, of course there are negatives too....my local dealer wants to sell his for $60-$70k over MSRP or wait 3 years! Let's face it, I know it won't hold its value and eventually can be had for sticker. Not to mention, Audi will bring some new, must have variation of the car. Is this car worthy of the hype? Does anyone know of any dealers that are willing to sell at MSRP, have one in stock?! Everyone's help is much appreciated!

2. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    60-70k over MRSP? NO way. MRSP...sure.

3. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Yeah, the Super Bowl ad did it for me. ;) I got to sit in one at Coronado Speedfest last year here in San Diego, and compared to a Porsche 997... I'd definitely take the Audi. Unfortunately I didn't get to drive it.

If it were me, I'd wait a bit, though. Audi is a mass manufacturer, and this isn't a limited edition car. I think you'd be foolish to pay over sticker. Kind of like the Aston Martin V8 Vantage, which you can get well under sticker with a couple thousand miles on it now.

Then again, I hate buying new cars ... so you knew this was going to be my advice anyway.

4. Godfather

Godfather Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2002
    Fiorano
    Ask the dealer about the R10(RS6 V10TT motor). I was told my local dealer is taking deposits on it.

5. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    Thanks for the responses...I agree with you guys, I have no desire to pay over sticker for this car, especially for what my local dealer is asking! At that price range there is much more to consider and way more power. I have no desire to lose my ass with the depreciation, I'm already doing just fine with that category in the stock market :) ! I am trying to get this car at MSRP but have had no luck, which is why I ask if anyone knows of a dealer not playing games? I did a small search and called other dealers but no such luck. A dealer in Atlanta is willing to get me a car in two and half years and when I did inquire about the 10 cylinder, I was told "If it indeed comes out, I could be # 25 on their list". To me that translates into basically anticipating the rumored 10 cylinder in 2009/2010 and assuming the rate the 8 cylinders are being delivered, my que would come in 2011/2012.

6. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Why pay over list for an Audi R8 or the V10 when you can buy a Gallardo today at a discount ?

7. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    FWIW, you can try calling Hoehn Audi here in San Diego. The R8's a different animal, but I shopped around for my 08 TT a bit and they were easily the best price (sold below sticker, whereas Miramar Audi had it marked up $2K above sticker :rolleyes:).

I doubt they're going to get you a car this weekend, but they might not jerk you around on the price.

8. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

I've driven it--truthfully, shagged it on the race track--and it is a brilliant car. It ranks very high on my list, but it's brilliant for list.

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Yep.
    And its a Lambo.

10. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    Try Barrier Audi in Bellevue,Wa or University Audi in Seattle,Wa. I bet you they might be able to source you one and I know Barrier is selling their cars at MSRP.

11. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    FerrariWA wrote:

Try Barrier Audi in Bellevue,Wa or University Audi in Seattle,Wa. I bet you they might be able to source you one and I know Barrier is selling their cars at MSRP.

Thank you very much for the lead, I will contact them and let you guys know what comes of it!

12. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    I have told that they are not available for list anywhere in US by my Audi sales friend...people are trying to get 180$k for them...which is stupid for what is basically a modern day nsx...also, the car is only a 420hp V8 that weights over 3500lbs...mid 4s to 60 is hardly worth 180k any more...i would take a used 360 coupe for120k which is more exotic, better looking and far more engaging to drive.....or like was previous mentioned, a used G car for about $140k ,with 500hp and a v10 in a true exotic car....at msrp, or below, then its worth looking at....

13. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #13 Mark(study), Feb 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    When I talked to sales rep at Barrier Audi and asked them what they are selling them at with "market adjustment" he said they arnt selling them for anything over MSRP...and wished the could sell them more becuase they would make way more money.

15. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I would much rather have the Ford GT

16. mushtandroid

mushtandroid Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    Please do not compare audi and ford :(

17. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  18. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    gotta love the black one....looks so Vadar like!!!

19. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Thats stupid. The Ford GT is an excellent car and I would sure rather have one then a R8.

20. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    +1.

21. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran