F430 Spider on eBay with damage | FerrariChat

F430 Spider on eBay with damage

Discussion in '360/430' started by axtman, Feb 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    Check out this F430 I have on eBay with front end damage. I believe this car was in the fires in LA. I am trying to track down the owner to see if he may have the keys and the remote if anyone has any ideas or knows of this car please contact me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120221361767

Just a note: I use to be at Lyle Tanner Ent. for the last 12 years and I am now running the Italian cars at Specialized Italian Recycling

Thank you for your help
    Doug Axt

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    That sux--What a beautiful car..

3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Like the new right front wheel/tire! That'll cost a fortune to fix.

4. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    WHY are you attempting to auction-off a car without a key (which you're supposedly looking-for without having contacted the State DMV, the insurance company, local Authorized Ferrari dealers, etc. first....???). Seems to me, if you were being smart about actually trying to sell the car, you'd find the owner/key FIRST, then find the actual mileage of the vehicle, THEN sell the car on ebay. Methinks you're trying to dump the car, collect the quick cash, and run....and you're using FerrariChat to 'advertise', for free, without paying the subscription service required to post 'for-sale' ads legally in the FerrariAds.com section. Nice.

5. cscott67

cscott67 Formula Junior

May 13, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Knowing Specialized, that car will not auction for less than 150k, and will take every bit of another 50k more to get it right. After that it will still have a salvage or rebuilt title. Looks like a parts car for someone that gets rear-ended, Scott

6. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    With a heat softened aluminum structure, I'm not too sure that the car will ever be correct.

Darrell.

7. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA

What do you mean by "Knowing Specialized"?

8. Bowers

Bowers Karting

Sep 27, 2007
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Bowers
    There’s just a few too many things that are unknown on this one.

On a side note… how do you sell a car without knowing who the owner is?

9. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I believe that he shares my feeling toward this company... they give new meaning to the terms ''ripoff'' and ''price gouging''.

Apparently they think they can buy tattered cars from insurance auctions for $20-30K and part them out for 2 or 3 million!!
    Ive seen them try to sell damaged used parts for MORE than Ricambi sells the same OEM part NEW!!!
    1 flawed USED 355 header for 4 times what anyone else charges for the updated one?
    I once saw them trying to sell HALF of a broken 348 front bumper cover for $1600.00!!! LMAO, they're insane.
    I wouldnt buy from them if they were the ONLY place on the planet that had the part I needed!

10. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Please...don't hold back...tell me how you really feel! ;)

Thanks!

11. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    The bid is up to $75k already? 8 days left? Wow!

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Id drive it like that.

13. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    First of all I was just trying to get some help with the car but some of you guys are very angry people. First of all we purchased the car and it belongs to Specialized Italian Recycling but as most of you know we purchase the car direct from CoPart and they come in as is. I have contacted Ferrari and the Key and remote is available. If I can find the original owner and get all the details then that would help me and that was all I was asking for, not for a couple of guys to be so upset... I am sorry that I even asked the Ferrari chat members I thought it was a good idea but I now realize that all I have archived is to make a couple of guys really mad. Buy the way I will sell the car and help the new owner get this car up and running just fine. Sorry I even asked and for you guys that are happy people THANK YOU!

14. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    I sent this Ferrari chat member a nice email telling him I would be happy to help him if he had a problem with our company. I checked our computers and this person has never even purchased a part from us I am not sure why he is so mad but I told him I would help him any way I can. I don't think it is very nice to call someone a rip off if you do not even know them but I still reached out to him to resolve any issue that he may have had. We will see what the problem was and I will report it to you guys. Thank you members for your help!

Douglas Axt

15. BlitzSix

BlitzSix Rookie

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vadim
    I don't mean to be rude but...

"I checked our computers and this person has never even purchased a part from us I am not sure why he is so mad"

Can you not comprehend what he wrote? He said that from what he has seen, all your products are exteremely overpriced for what they are, and that he would never buy from you.

With that being said, why do you keep saying stupid things in yours posts like "he never purchased a part, why is he so mad".

1) He stated why he was mad (because of insanely high prices)
    2) Reason #1 also would state why he never purchased anything..

Then you go on to say...

"I don't think it is very nice to call someone a rip off if you do not even know them"

WTF? He said that your prices are extremely expensive, and a rip off in his opinion. Why on earth would he have to know you to make those claims? If you see an overpriced item, do you make an appointment to speak with the owner before telling anyone "hey, that's expensive at X store, you can get it for cheaper elsewhere"?

I just can't believe how stupid this post is. I don't know that poster, I don't know you, or your company, so I'm not posting this for personal reasons. But really, the guy says your company overprices things, and you go on posting "oh, he never bought anything from us!!" (no ****..), and then saying how he shouldn't post that without knowing you (which has nothing to do with it)..

16. wingfeather

wingfeather F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007
    rock bottom
    +1 The thought crossed my mind, too. Imagine the looks you'd get at Councours, meets...

17. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Nooo, not another burnt Ferrari.

18. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    LOL that would be great. The first thing that came to mind was one of those halloween masks, half good half evil skull. That is sad to see.

19. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    OK I guess that I am wrong and you are correct I am stupid and you are a genius. I am sorry that I offended you so much I was just trying to get to the bottom of this persons complainant and was serious in my effort to help him but I give up you Ferrari chatters are just too smart for me. I hope that you have a great day and again I am so sorry for my mistake I take all the blame.

Douglas Axt
    916-631-7300
    P.S. I will beat any price on Ferrari parts!

20. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    Again I was just trying to get some information but I take full blame for my posting and I now give up.

Come see us again at Concorso 2008 we love that show!

21. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Dude, you are so putting the cart before the horse - how else are we to gauge your actions or motivation? Still running that eBay auction without a key or a method to verify odometer mileage? What are you thinking?

22. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I must say, I never expected my post to create such a stir... but then again, the people here that DO know me, know that I dont hesitate to lay it on the line, so-to-speak. Specialized's pricing is no secret, with that being said, its the sole reason I never have, nor would never look to them for my parts needs... and by the same token, would never recommend them to anyone.

This guy Doug did in fact email me with a genuinely concerned attitude... and I give him full credit for that. I respectfully responded by explaining my feelings and reasoning behind my opinion. Doug is obviously a good guy, but unfortunately that has no impact on their company pricing policies.

BlitzSix, thanks for having my back brother! ;)

23. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    I am just curious as to why you think being sarcastic might help you extricate yourself from this argument?

Shiny Side Up!
    Bill

24. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    How exactly are you able to sell the car if you aren't the owner and you don't know who the owner is? If you had the title, shouldn't it have the owner's name on it?

25. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Sounds like the car has a salvage title and was bought at an insurance auction.