F430 Spider on eBay with damage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 Spider on eBay with damage

Discussion in '360/430' started by axtman, Feb 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cscott67

cscott67 Formula Junior

May 13, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I had a good laugh reading the response to my post!! ;o) I am not mad, and the price gouging is obviously the issue. I am sure that if I lived near Specialized and showed up with a wad of cash in my hand looking for a specific part, I might get a decent deal compared to what they hope someone unknowingly will pay online. We would all like to get top dollar for our goods and labor, but I would not intentionally try to get 2-3X that. Respectfully, Scott

2. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    I just wanted to say what a stand up member is we exchanged 2 emails. Thank you for your response and I look froward in speaking with you in the future. I hope that over time I can help anyone with any questions that they may have.

3. axtman

axtman Rookie

Dec 10, 2003
    Lincoln,CA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Axt
    We are the owners of the 430 and I have ordered the keys from Ferrari and will have them next week. I again was just trying to find the owner if I could to get the background on the car but I will make sure that anyone that buys this car gets all the information that I have I realize that it is a shame that this Ferrari was in a fire but it will still make a nice car for someone. I have been completely honest in my eBay add and in the way I have presented this car. Before the end of the auction I will A). know the miles! and B) have the keys and the remote. I don't see the harm in being completely honest with the current status of the car but I will let you be the judge.

4. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    I'd drive it just like that. Then get an airbrush artist to paint flames on it so it looks like the car is actually on fire. It would turn twice as many heads as normal

5. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore

hahaha post of the year. Yeah right!

6. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    My last experiance with them was horrible. It took over a month after I ordered a part to receive it. They didn't answer emails and I was jerked around on the phone. Why in the world would I ever want to deal with these people again when you can find the same parts much cheaper from companies like Eurospares.
    F-Chat isn't the place you want to get a bad rap for price or service. Add me to the list of people who will never deal with them again.

7. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    I just got into this thread, so I may need some updating. Are some of you guys implying that somebody might be trying to make a big fat profit off the sale of a wrecked Ferrari? Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say it ain't so. I'll alert the news media.

8. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    I don't know Doug Axt or his company from adam, but if their prices are so over the top and you "...can find the same parts much cheaper from companies like Eurospares" why did you order from them in the first place? Just trying to understand the venom here, as the ebay ad may cause many of us cynics to smirk, but it didn't seem to misrepresent.

9. rimoore

rimoore Formula 3

Nov 18, 2004
    Island in Maine
    Full Name:
    Richard Moore
    I needed a battery hold down bracket for a 308 and wasn't concerned about $32. I didn't expect to have to wait a month for it to arrive. I do see them on eBay all the time hawking thier stuff and it's always overpriced.
    In any case. This is America and if some moron has the right to burn the flag. I have a right to ***** and moan about whatever I choose :)

10. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    Three cheers for the red, white, and blue! Ain't this a great country! :)

11. J2J

J2J Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2008
    Must be a full moon...

12. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I can't speak for specialized recycling but as for Doug, he's a stand up guy! I delt with him many times while he was with Lyle Tanner Ent. True to his word and will go the extra mile to help you out! Sorry to hear he's no longer there.

13. Simon @ evosport

Mar 4, 2004
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Just curious if anyone here lives near Specialized (Rancho Cordova, CA) that can swing by to look at the car? I believe the carfax shows the mileage last recorded at 700 mi. The car can be turned over manually w/out the keys.

Suprised nobody has stepped up with knowledge of who the owner is. I know it's from somewhere in San Diego. Doesn't carfax show prior registered owner?