EVO X MR ... I want one | FerrariChat

EVO X MR ... I want one

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by parkerfe, Feb 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Interesting video. A LOT of tech for the money. The dual-clutch trans is really interesting to me, seems superior to the Ferrari F1 trans, meaning
    a more logical approach to paddle shifting a manual trans. Not that it makes a lot of difference but the new Scuderia shifts in 60 miliseconds which
    is approaching the 40 milliseconds of the formula one car, but the Mitsubishi shifts in..... 0 milliseconds.
    Also I like the alum front fenders and roof, forged wheels, the two piece brake rotor assembly with aluminum hats, etc.
    A lot of great stuff for the price.

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The EVO has always been a performance bargain...with the new DSC SST and yawl control makes its even better. The dual clutch trans is far superior to the F1 and SMG used by Ferrari and BMW...in fact, it is my understanding that both Ferrari and BMW are working on their own dual clutch system for future models. My company lease e60 M5 expires soon and I plan to replace it with an EVO X MR...I can't wait...

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Let us know how it goes. A great car, too bad about the low rent interior.

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    It is my understanding that the MR model comes with several interior upgrades including leather and faux suede a/k/a Alcantara Recaros with Alcantara door panels, center console and dash as well as extra sound insulation...there is also an aluminum interior trim option available. It sounds like the EVO X MR will be upscale compared to most other Japanese sedans, other than Lexus maybe ...

6. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Cool car, I have always been more of an Impreza fan then a Mitsubishi fan. But the new Evo and STI are making it tougher to choose my alliances.

7. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I"m sure the Evo is a great vehicle. I too like the Dual clutch sequential transmission along with the AWD and the turbo motor.

I'm not convinced its worth 39 grand though.

I see it even with all the technology should have been priced in the very low 30's.

I'm sure I'm just not realizing the true prices of today.

Good luck deciding.. Certainly a great vehicle.

JMO

JB

8. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Stripped Corvette territory.

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I love the C6, especially the Z06...but, a Vette will not serve my needs for a daily driver 5 passenger sedan that's fun to drive too... the EVO X MR will

10. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I think the Evos a great vehicle with the DSG AWD and 300hp...

Just 39 grands a lot for the vehicle.. but if you need space for 4 passengers and you want an all out attack AWD machine...its a good choice..

Let us know if the dealers are getting market adjustment? or are they discounting or at MSRP..?

Good luck

11. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Apples and Oranges

12. waltk88

waltk88 Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Walt K
    Great car. It seems to winning every comparison test against the new WRX STI. The Evo X could be the most track-worthy four door in production today.

13. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The new EVO X is the best looking EVO ever IMHO...I like the MR model with the BBS forged wheels, two piece brake rotors and DSC 6 speed. And it looks much better than the new STi too...

14. ZetteOh6

ZetteOh6 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    New York City
    The GSR is beating the STI, wait until the MR gets into the mix. From what I understand, it's having some issues in the upper RPM's where it runs out of breath, which is the reason why it's release has been delayed. Once the bugs are fixed, it won't even be fair, it will have the straight line speed to beat the STI, which the GSR doesn't, and even better track performance, which the GSR already does, and is the sole reason it's beating the STI in comparisons right now.

15. CCarlisi

CCarlisi Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Christian
    It's difficult to argue about its performance numbers, but I can't stand the sound of 4 cylinder engines, it’s getting a bit porky, and as others have said 38k for an optioned out econo box is a little difficult to swallow. I think I would rather have a BMW 135i for the same money.

16. Alesnik-MD

Alesnik-MD Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    West coast FL
    Full Name:
    JPA, MD
    It looks like a little box with a handle.

17. Akira

Akira Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    This car will be 400HP car easily with few mods. But even in stock form, it is very nice car.

18. mksu19

mksu19 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2008
    LAX / YVR / MNL
    Full Name:
    Capt. K. Banzon
    This was the previous model, imagine what the new one can be capable of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1ZWJjC648I

19. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    There are already EVO X performance upgrades on the market that increase HP to over 350 by replacing a couple of tubes and the boast control module for a ~$1500. My local dealer called me yesterday and said he would have a GSR model in next week for me to drive...if I like it I will put my order in for an MR on the spot...Check out the interior photos of the MR...it is a substantial upgrade over the base GSR with leather Recaros w/ Alcantara inserts, upper door panels and dash...even the faux carbon fiber trim looks good..I like the rally type timer on the dash... in addition the MR has two piece Brembo rotors, Bilstien suspension and forged BBS wheels and of course the 6 speed SST DCS tranny...all stock from the factory...I can't wait! ...http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubishi-prototype-x-breaks-cover.html

20. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  21. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
  22. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It appears to me that the Mitsubishi dual-clutch setup is superior to the Ferrari system. Ferrari brag that the Scuderia shifts in 60 milliseconds, which is very close to the F1 cars 40 milliseconds, yet Mitsubishi shifts in......essentially 0 milliseconds?
    I'll bet if Ferrari offered a dual-clutch system on the Scuderia as an option, they could sell the upgrade for...........$38K?

23. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Vishnu Performance has already shown the huge potential of the X. They shortened the wastegate rod a few turns, added a 3" exhaust and tune only. They got 45% hp over stock on 91 octane. Within 20 hp of a stock 996TT on the same dyno.