430 spider battery fire?? | FerrariChat

430 spider battery fire??

Discussion in '360/430' started by speedracer1610, Feb 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Talk about warm toes!!!! WOW!

Robert

2. blk360m

blk360m Karting

Apr 23, 2005
    poor car its sad to see that

3. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    What a bummer!!! Crappy battery? Owner fault (battery charger)? Hydrogen gas build up? I never heard of a lead acid battery 'just' melting down. I have heard of them exploding when connected up wrong for a jump start.

4. mrpcar

mrpcar Formula 3

May 27, 2007
    Chino hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I had a battery in my Porsche that blew the top half apart on me when I was starting the car.

Cause was due to the water level low in the battery and coupe of the plates were exposed and I guess touched and sparked the hydrogen.

But there was no fire, smoke, nor any battery acid spill as the battery was dry.

But I can't imagine that happen on a newer 430 car, I am very curious to find out what had happened to that car. Usually with Ferraris that catches on fire due to electrical malfunction Ferrari would automatically bring the car back to the factory to take it apart and analyze the cause. I am surprise to see this car for sale here in the US.

5. superyota

superyota Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Newport Beach
    The batteries in most F430s are defective...both of mine have gone bad within the first 500 miles. I wouldnt be surprised if it was a battery fire.

6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I only have 600 miles on my 430 Spider and it is in the shop for a defective battery. Mine just died after sitting for two weeks and would not hold a charge for long. I hope they found a new supplier.