GTR V-Spec: 7 minute 25 second Nürburgring? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

GTR V-Spec: 7 minute 25 second Nürburgring?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Akira, Feb 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do you even read some of the crap that you post? It's almost unreal. Of course collectors and Z06 owners with the extra cash are going to buy ZR1's. And obviously the ZR1 isn't a Ferrari or Lamborghini, but I can assure you that plenty of ZR1's will reside in garages right next to those exotics.

Pot
    Kettle
    Black

2. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon

Would you really trust the avg. Nissan technician to work on this kind of a car when you put $150k down on it? I highly doubt every dealership will have a GTR trained tech. They will probably be scattered around.

3. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The folks who are trading in their Z06s won't be buying a GT-R. The mark up on this car is so ridiculously high, a dealer here has one sold for $143,000. I'm sorry, but the GT-R is nowhere near twice the value of its MSRP. A ZR1 will probably still walk all over it and some, esp. if the Z06 already is better or on par.

And what do you think a G35 shares its platform with? :rolleyes:

4. ZetteOh6

ZetteOh6 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    New York City
    Nissan's time is fake, Porsche's times are real, this coming from a guy who states in the same post that he will take a Porsche all day any day. Bias?

I find the fact that people in the Ferrari and Lamborghini community, a majority of which that do not modify their cars except for tubi's, are lambasting a car that is designed to be modify proof because the company knows people are going to do retarded things to the car, and then bring it to the shop, and cry a river when they find out that the damage they did will not be covered under warranty.

Same reason why Mitsu has a restriction on engine revs, because they don't want drivers dumping the clutch at 7k rpm on an awd car, frying everything in the process, and then expect to have the repairs done under warranty.

On such a highly tuned car, I doubt tuners will get faster performance in a straight line. What, they are gonna get under 3 second GTR's? Highly doubt that. What they can do is make suspension and aero mods, lighter weight, something that Nissan has not restricted, and what the Spec-V consists mostly of.

5. ZetteOh6

ZetteOh6 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    New York City
    Get a clue, the GTR is not a twin turbo G37. The platform, dubbed Premium Midship, is exclusive to the GTR and is not shared with any other Nissan/Infiniti product. Neither is the engine, or the ATTESA awd, or it's dual clutch transmission, or......I think you get the drift?

And before you point out the obvious, yes, Pantera was wrong in making that assesment.

6. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Hey Mr. Bad Ass
    FYI I have 2 Japanese sports cars that were the "cutting edge" when they came out. Still very nice cars.
    I've owned or driven them all.
    Take a car to a track and flog it all day ?
    Only one make will do it for me. PORSCHE
    Buy your GTR. Flog it. Pick up the pieces.

7. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I wasn't saying it was a twin turbo G37, Mr. Smarty pants. :rolleyes:

8. HerrBremerhaven

Oct 30, 2005
    San Diego & Houston
    Full Name:
    Gordon Moat
    That car is so heavy, I doubt if it could make it around the parking lot of the Nürburgring in 7 minutes 25 seconds.

9. ZetteOh6

ZetteOh6 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    New York City

I guess making an informal post instead of making stupid comments like the one above makes me a "smartypants" and a "badass". Yeah, thanks for providing useful input, guys.

However, I apologize if I came across that way.

The guys here are really sensitive. Oh yeah, it's Ferrarichat.

10. ZetteOh6

ZetteOh6 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    New York City
    Pick up my pieces? Are you....nevermind, you'll get your panties in a bunch.

Just tell me how did you make that assessment. You've heard about the new GTR's breaking down, catching fire, losing their trannies on the Nurburgring? Are there any facts backing up the statements of anybody on this board? It seems like people just pull random **** out of their asses.

Buy your Porsche. Get a beat down. Collect your ego.

I give credit where credit is, regardless of a badge, and it's assumed I'm whoring for the GTR, not the case, sorry.

11. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Note; Not Porschechat.
    My eyes are open.
    @4000 lbs , 480 HP. Street tires.
    But wait ; sorry, the press releases DO say 7:38.
    I'll wait till an independent source confirms the numbers until then others can drink the Kool-aid.
    Porsche #s have time and time again been duplicatable and even conservative in many cases.
    Nissan is the one who chose Porsche as their target, and they didn't do it by picking manufacturers names out of a hat.
    This comes from a past, present, and probably future Nissan owner.

PS; Your the one who came in here swinging with < 30 posts.
    You dish it out you had better be prepared to take it.

12. ZetteOh6

ZetteOh6 Karting

Aug 16, 2007
    New York City

Karting
    Not Subscribed

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LamboLover View Post
    Wait a second. I thought Nissan already achieved 7:25 with the normal GT-R, or so says their head engineer.

This car is being hyped to hell.
    Umm.. Nissan said they got 7:38 on regular GTR. 7:25 is their aim with the V-Spec. But we will have to see if they can reach that goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGe_f...howtopic=20236

Instead of making posts that are just argumentative, why don't you provide some insight as to why you think the GTR is overhyped, or is going to crash, or it's times are fake, or whatever. Akira smacked you with a fact, now why don't you respond to him and tell us why you think Nissan's engineer is giving us bogus times?

13. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    I've to say this. I've owned GTR's before. R33 and R34. Both V-Specs. Very awesome and very reliable on the old RB26DETT provided you don't go ballistic into aftermarket tuning with it...of which many did and at 650-1000+bhp from a 2.6Lits donk, you are asking for trouble..:D At 500bhp, chipping and exhaust works, it's dead reliable and we can go for clubraces and go to work the next day in the infamous KL gridlock at 33-34deg C without overheating. Some of our Fchatters in Singapore are familiar with the GTRs and they're doing this right now i,e buying the GTR-35 in droves..:)

Some of the SG Fchatters who have driven the car said that the new car's very well built actually and even though heavy, it sure is fast and handles well. Looks takes getting used to and GTRs of all iterations were never ever considered pretty in the first place. They're just plain butch looking and to some, plain bloody f-ugly. But their performance envelope is massive and even though there're talks of Nissan having a bunch of 'nannies' incorporated in the car's electronics to prevent tampering with it's output and settings, be rest assured that it'll be only too soon that companies like Top Secret/Mine's/Abflug et all finds a way to get that 3.8L mill running at 750bhp whatever....

I love Ferraris, used to own one and planning a comeback soon. I own a Porsche now and if I find that the new GTR is better than my previous R34, I just might join my Singapore buddies to have one too...

14. pagani

pagani Karting

Aug 9, 2007
    Roermond NL
    Full Name:
    Wouter
    Mines and topsecret have all cracked the ecu
    And yes you tune the new gtr.
    Here is great link anybody that is has interest in the new gtr
    http://www.gtrblog.com/

15. pagani

pagani Karting

Aug 9, 2007
    Roermond NL
    Full Name:
    Wouter
    I still think the perfect street/track setup for gtr is 600 hp you don't need much more than that.
    Here some great example of the said spec
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXloFjDREfg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDIm0xnUSco
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCep6sVxk4Y
    http://www.livevideo.com/video/Pagani/91047ABF96BA43B483F571BA7C445DEB/-hot-version-nissan-r35-gtr-vs.aspx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpXadqHNZbk

16. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Well, I have owned 6 Ferrari's over the last two decades and I sure am part of the demographics that are interested in the GTR, Z06, ZR1, EVO, STi and any other high performance car no matter what country it is made in...true gear heads appreciate cars of all sorts...it is the pouser that's marque eccentric...in fact as I get older I seem to more appreciate the various high-tech awd Japanese rockets...you get exotic car performance, can drive them everyday, have room for passengers, get relatively good fuel economy all for much less than a used exotic...

17. Akira

Akira Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=204774

Just listen to true car guy, Jay Leno. He talks about Honda SM600 from the 60's. And how if it had the "other" badge on the hood, it will be worth a lot more today. GTR is packed with latest technology, and I think it is future of sports car whether you agree or not. And yes, even our Ferrari will go the route of dual clutch system (Used in GTR) in the future. So will all the sports car on the future.

18. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    The new EVO X MR has a Gertrag 6 speed S-AWD dual clutch tranny ... http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/10/mitsubishi-releases-details-on-s-awc-and-twin-clutch-sst/

19. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Like I read here...Still a Nissan, still a Chevy, still a Ford... At least the performance Ford GT, and ZR1 Vette are good looking. Nissan could not have made this car any uglier unless they WRECKED it before they put it up for sale! YUCK! I put it right up there with the Pontiac Aztec and the Pacer!

20. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Some serious Asian car hating going on here. lol

Different strokes, fellas.

21. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No doubt, but even if Porsche or Ferrari built the GTR it would STILL be UGLY! I am equal opportunity on this stuff... Frankly the 430 does not look NEARLY as good as the 360! The 430 is no doubt a better car, but asthetically it is not even close... YMMV! I feel the same way about the Enzo vs. the F50 too. Enzo no doubt a better car, but the F50 is just more pleasing to look at... 911 great car, but the Cayman is prettier. I never really liked the early 911's AT ALL! Yea, they were/are great cars, but compared to a 997 or heck even a 993 (or a 996 for that matter...I do think 993's look better than 996's) not even close. Thank goodness there is both vanilla and chocolate, everyone has different tastes!

22. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Not uglier than Porsche Cayenne or Ferrari 612 Scaglietti.

23. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Hehe..:D
    Seriously, you got to see the new GTR in the 'flesh' to appreciate it. In Malaysia and Singapore there're some demo units brought in by Private Importers and they're taking orders now, even for the upcoming V-Spec. I saw one in Hong Kong recently and man..it's not pretty, granted..but it sure did bristle with aggression. Statham kinda look as compared to Cruise/Pitt etc..

As for being heavy, these cars are having those 'luxury' trim to compensate for the price. Once you get one, it ain't no Ferrari or Lambo and to a certain extent,Porsches and you'd not feel bad about modding them. Throw the seats and in goes LWT CF Sparcos or Recaros or Brides whatever. Wheels, there's Work/Neez/Enkei to reduce unsprung weights. Aluminium dampers from Tein et all and Fujitsubo/Greddy Ti Zorst...CF bonnet/hood and boot/trunk lid and ...list is endless and you're not touching the motor yet.....

Best thing about them is : It bristles with electronics..yes, but the Japanese are pretty darn good with wires and stuff and I've never had seen any of these "Ricers/rice-cookers" suffer electrical glitches.

Morale of the story is, sure, the GTR can be so f-ugly to certain people if not most. But it is a capable car..very, very capable and as gearheads we need to acknowledge that fact. It's not a Ferrari or Lamborghini or any low slung tapered wedge projectile but it is still a fast bolide, blunt as it is...

Note : GTR stands for Gran Tarmac Racing....Oooh the Japanese...:D

24. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Right up there with the Aztec? Interesting stuff coming from a guy with a 928, which isn't so pretty itself. And a Mondial is in your wanted list?!? Yeah, what a great looking car (not).

25. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    When you are in a wheelchair and need room for that and an automatic transmission your Ferrari choices are pretty limited (Mondial Valeo, 400, 456, then the bigger F1 cars which are still WELL out of my pocket book range). 928's are still better looking than the old 911's and quicker, faster, and as used cars cheaper to boot though they were more expensive by more than 50% when new. I say a bargain is a good place to start. Maybe the GTR in 10+ years will be that way too, but it won't be any better looking. A 928 GTS still looks like a current model and the newest ones are now 13 years old! Like I said before than goodness for Choc and vanilla.