Houston Auto Exchange - BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! | FerrariChat

Houston Auto Exchange - BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by texasmr2, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Stay away from these guy's !!! They have a '91 NSX with 64.5K mile's that was quoted to me at $29.5K and they SAY they offer financing, good or bad credit, regardless. I was told by a guy named Steve that he could not get financing for a '91, the NSX I was interested in, and that the SUV market for him is just to bad at the moment. I bought my FULLY loaded '02 4Runner with 91.5K on it this past August, only 6 month's ago, for $17.5K and I'm sitting at less than 94.5K mile's and the vehicle is in the same condition it was when I picked it up.

Also he keep's the NSX at his house and NOT the dealership, crazy right, and would not even let me give him all my insurance and TDL info on top of my 4Runner so I could drive the car to my dealership for a valuation of it.

Good frickin riddance right! The search continue's.

Gregg

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    It sounds like he was being honest, he can't finance a 16 year old car, and he doesn't want an SUV to unload. You may find this is the case in a lot of places.

3. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    +1, truth hurts sometimes.

4. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Basically my whole issue is why do they state they offer financing when they wont? No big deal though I'll move on.

5. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You should have any problems selling a 4Runner (especially if its a Limited).

If you have stellar credit, you shouldn't have a problem getting a blank check loan through Capital One or any credit union.

6. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    My 4Runner is not a limited but it come's with everything a limited doe's, I researched the different package level's extensively. I also have a credit union that I have immaculate credit/dealing's with but I must say this is just the early stage's and without knowing all the detail's that pertain to sale's I might have been alittle harsh on HAE but when I see someone that say's "WE FIANCE" it should pertain to EVERY vehicle they are selling through the dealership.

Patience paid-off in finding my 4Runner and the same will be true for the NSX.

7. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    First off, a cursory web search led me nowhere while trying to find a website for that dealer, so that's a red flag, but even if he's legit, you said he keeps the NSX at his house so it sounds more like a personal vehicle that he might sell to the right buyer for the right price, not an inventory vehicle.

If he thought he could make any money, he would have done the deal. I'm sure it wasn't personal, though you seem to be taking it personally. Why?

8. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    First:
    http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/inview/detail.jsp?dealer_id=565730&dealership_view_name=www.specialcarfinancing.com&car_id=225733713

Second:
    I was not born yesterday but maybe it was a mistake of mine to believe our first conversation in which I COMPLETELY told him my situation of wanting to do a trade-in plus financing and he had NO issue's with that at that time.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    No dealer in their right mind would carry a note on a car that old, that's why most of them find a bank that specialize in these types of loans. You may just be too high of a risk. Just check with your credit union or bank to see if they will worth with you. Also did you get a change to check how much for insurance? I know when I moved to Houston my rates went up 23%.

10. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    He told me 'I cannot finance a car that old' after he was all gung ho. I'm not 'too high of a risk' or I would not have the vehicle I drive now. No I have not checked with my credit union because as I mentioned I basically just started this search yesterday. Yes I have checked into what my insurance rate will be and it will actually be between what I pay now and what I was paying on my '95 Lexus SC300 so the insurance is not an issue.

I was not dead set on that particular NSX I just did not appreciate the run around I recieved. I'm not in a huge hurry so it's all good and I appreciate everyone's insight/input and opinion's cause I may have said "I was not born yesterday" but I sure as heck dont know everything right?

11. FarmerDave

Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #11 FarmerDave, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Confussios say" Never buy a car from a business that uses a mobile home as an office".

13. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    LOL, excellent point!

14. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    HA!

I'm not so sure buying from any place that says "we finance whether you have good credit bad credit..." lol.

15. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

That alone would keep me from looking at their cars. Might get fleas from the unwashed peasents walking around a place like that. LOL

16. roro

roro Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Ro
    Just my $0.02, but when I buy a car, I never tell the dealership I want to do a trade-in or financing. I deal on the final price of the car first no mater how much they try to ask how I would pay. I think you get better leverage that way since most dealers make money on your trade-in and financing.

17. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I'm waiting and hopefully will purchase one for my birthday present in two year's.

18. jratcliff

jratcliff Formula 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    You have a birthday every 2 years? I should start doing that myself. Yeah,

John

19. ferrariblue

ferrariblue Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Cody
    Don't ever buy from a dealer with a "portable building" as their sales office. Get it?

CP

20. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004

I'll throw my $0.02 on top of Ro since I do the same if I have a trade....So there is our $0.04:D

21. goachild2000

goachild2000 Karting
    BANNED

Jul 20, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Shardul Mehta
    that red nsx has been on sale for the last 4 year. i frequently search autotrader to see what is on the market, and that car has been on sale for a while now. i think it is the owners car that he drives.

22. Houston Auto Exchange

Feb 16, 2008
    This message is to the person who was trying to buy my NSX!. I told you that I wanted cash and we do not finance anything that is this old. You told me that you had a financial advisor, you had money, your friend owns a large car dealership and never once did you mention in the beginning that you wanted to trade in your 4 runner. Quit complaining about this NSX deal and just buy one. You said you had money but all you really meant to say was that you needed someone to help you finance a 1991 Acura NSX. Buy yourself a 1991 Acura Legend for cash and maybe you can put NSX emblem on the back. You are a very confused person that just does'nt get it. Take care of your four runner!

23. Houston Auto Exchange

Feb 16, 2008
    Please understand that I have several of my cars in a garage, airplane hanger and a warehouse. I have over 150 cars and trucks and I don't see why you have this problem with where I keep my cars. These cars and trucks(except a few that I have onconsignment) are all owned by me
    and not a bank. When you own this many cars without the help of any banks it just says how wonderful life is that you don't have to answer to a floor plan or a bank. I keep my cars where I want to. Get over it! I'm really surprise after reading everybodys letters to you that you still want to cut down my dealership. I've owned my business for 19 years, so what do you do again? P.S. Do you really think people are going to take your insurance and let you take their car to your so called dealership for the weekend? By the way I think somebody is laughing at you for what they sold that 4 runner to you.

24. Houston Auto Exchange

Feb 16, 2008
    Thank you for your comment!
    Take care,
    Houston Auto Exchange

25. Houston Auto Exchange

Feb 16, 2008
    Thank you for your comment!
    Take care,
    Houston Auto Exchange