Ferrari Mechanic close to Northern Delaware | FerrariChat

Ferrari Mechanic close to Northern Delaware

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by SATedeschi, Feb 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Hi Folks,

Where is the closest Ferrari Mechanic close to Northern Delaware. Hockessin/Wilmington.

ps: My Friend also has a Maseratti so if they do those which they probbly would let me know.

Many Thanks.

2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Best place to take your car depending on the year of course is ALGAR in Philly. You will pay a little more but the documented history for the repairs will come back to you on resale. There is a guy in the Downingtown area but he isnt cheap and he is always six months behind schedule. Depending on what service/repair needs you have you could find more options.A good shop in Elsmere Delaware could be an option for most things. I wouldnt use them for diagnostics/electronics or engine/Transmission repair unless you had extensive service manuals at your disposal. A couple exist in the Baltimore area is well. Tell us more about your needs please. Jon in Delaware

3. SATedeschi

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Hi Jon,

I had a feeling that Algar was the best and closest. I was driving down 202 close to West Chester just past Olive Garden-Concord Mall and saw a Shop with a Prancing Horse and was thinking that they may be good and closer than Algar. No need just yet, planning on a 355/360 in February. Hope to be at 190 pounds by then already down 30 and 70 to go, and meet my wife’s conditions- nice bargain. Anyway hope to meet you at the Donut shop in the spring. I'll be up at the June 20 Italia Fest in the Poconos staying at sky top. My kids love Ferrari too and we are making it a family thing for the weekend.

Thanks again.

Steve

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That's Cavallo. Body shop, they don't do mechanical repairs, and I don't think they have the jigs required to repair any of the aluminum framed cars from Ferrari.

Great body shop, they do five star work, but not mechanicals.

I would have to agree with Jon that Algar is your best bet. Marc in service 610-527-1100

Dave

5. SATedeschi

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Dave,

Thanks- That's what it was. Ok this firms it up.

Wish we had a good mechanic closer to home.

Are you guys going to the June 20th d'Italia car fest in the Poconos?

6. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    You bet...we plan a get together at my Pocono home as well. stay posted. Jon in Delaware

7. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    How far are you from Baltimore? There is an excellent shop off of 695 which is convenient to 83 called Radcliffe Motorcar Company. They have many, many years dealing with all sorts of Ferraris. Talk to Richard Garre, the proprietor, at 410-517-1681.

regards

ken

8. SATedeschi

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Ken- Thanks

Baltimore may be a bit further than Algar, but I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks again.

9. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    +1 I am with Dave on everything he said! If you need body work done at Cavallo my friend owns the shop, and I would be happy to help, but they do not do any mechanical work. About the jigs for an aluminum frame I don't know there specialty is really porsche, MB, and BMW. www.cavalloautobody.com

Erik