Can you do a 348 clutch job with custom exhaust in place | FerrariChat

Can you do a 348 clutch job with custom exhaust in place

Discussion in '348/355' started by PassionIsFerrari, Feb 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Do the tubi's, capristo's, or any of the single can exhausts allow you access to the flywheel assembly (a.k.a...pumpkin) with out the removal of the exhaust. I was just thinking how much easier a clutch job would be if you didn't have to loosen the rear bumper, remove the exhaust, and airbox and shields and all the crap above the exhausts...Do the single cans allow you enough access to slide the pumpkin out? If not, anyone ever seen a custom version that did?

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #2 PAP 348, Feb 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nah mate. :):)

You would still have to remove heat sheilds and exhaust ect..ect.. :):)
    There is just not enough room to slide pumpkin off the shaft unless exhaust is removed. :):)

You also do not have to remove the rear bumper bar to take off exhaust. ;);)

Here is a pic of my XOST on my 348. I do not have any heat shields in place. As you can see, not enough room to slide the pumpkin off mate. I do not think there is any exhaust out there that will allow this. :):)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    A----you get another car????

4. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    Maybe, thinking about a 355 but the more and more research I am doing... I am really really leaning toward another 348...

5. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    As said above, the exhaust will still have to come off - but small single-box exhausts can often be removed without having to do anything with the bumper/shields. My Ansa sports system drops straight out.