Exhaust | FerrariChat

Exhaust

Discussion in '308/328' started by jimangle, Apr 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Guys,
    I did a search on exhaust, and I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on which one to get. Does anyone have a timevalve exhaust for their 308. I was thinking about getting a Stebro, but it seems that exhuast prices are all about the same now except for the timevalve which is around 1450. Does anyone have experience with Italiancarparts.com sport exhuasts? 3grand for a tubi muffler is rediculous. I really like the sound of the ansa, but they aren't available anymore.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

2. dgrtone

dgrtone Karting

May 3, 2006
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I went with the london stainless sport exhaust, through Italiancarparts.com.
    It looks & sounds great.

3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    There has been a lot of discussion on exhausts lately....must be the season! :)

Not sure if you saw this or not, but I put an X-OST on my GT4 a couple weeks ago and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend this one HIGHLY. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GT4jim

JIM

4. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    Jim did you see the post and survey I did on exhaust,check it out and see what most are putting on their ferrari's,mine is a stebro,I just love that I cant make what ever sound I want by leaving out the inserts or putting in shorts ones or longs or 2 or 4 inserts,I don't know if the others out there allow you to do that

5. Ron S

Ron S Karting

Nov 20, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Ron Scarboro
    I have a Quickarrow exhaust on my 328. I'm not terribly happy with it (was on the car when purchased). Here's the question though...

Only the outside pipe of the two gets black. The inside pipes are clean. I originally thought the inside pipes might be fake, but you can feel the exhaust coming through the pipes.
    I'm sure the ports aren't tuned however.

Question is....Is this normal in aftermarket pipes?

6. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Is there some sort of valve that opens in that exhaust as RPM's (exhaust flow) increases? That's the only thing that I can think of...

JIM

7. pdmracing

pdmracing Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2007
    atlanta
    The ansa is a false economy , mine sounded great but rotted away to nothing in relatively short time. I love my stebro, but it aint pretty like the tubi or others i have seen. i ended up painting mine with high temp black. It sounds awsome & fit like a glove.
    I cant believe the price they are asking now. When i bought mine the retail was around 2k , I called & barganed & spent around 1300 with shipping, this was a few years ago however.

8. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    Here's a video clip of my Stebro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ZS_QlQisc

I do like this exhaust but I purchased it for $900 on Ebay from Stebro direct. It was listed as a "factory demo" but it was brand new. I don't think it's worth the $2K+ that they are currently charging.

9. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    michael,you don't have the inserts in do you? It doesn't sound like it, but don't they sound great going down the block, my wife says she can hear me blocks away

10. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jim, read what others has to say about their exhaust here,

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170377

11. Impactco

Impactco Formula 3

Jan 29, 2006
    I always prefer to go tipless :)

12. pogibm

pogibm Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Randy Madamba
    I use to have a timevalve exhaust its just a stainless steel version of your stock muffler. I use to run it with no cats and still sounded stock, do get the Stebro by all means it will be money well spent.

13. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    I've had some Ansa's on Italian cars (not Ferrari) and had similar experience. Rotted away too quickly.......

14. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    3 grand would be a LITTLE bit easier to swallow if you got 10~15 extra hp with a Tubi (or the others) but in reality there will probably be little or no gain. You're paying for less weight, shiny finish, different sound and durability. Definitely worth something but I'm not sure 3 grand (the big problem is the exchange rate).

15. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    TUBI prices have become ridiculous! The X-OST WITH 2 day Fed Ex (That's the only way they send it) was $2,000.
    Love the TUBI, just not their prices...

JIM

16. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    I've had the best luck building my own from s/s components from dynomax.
    Sounds better and built as well at 1/4 the price.

17. maurice70

maurice70 F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    maurice T
    Jim did you deal direct with X-ost or through someone else?

18. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    The cheapest way is to go right through the X-OST website, which is what I did. You have to do a wire transfer for payment and you'll get a call from FedEx asking what is in the box, then you'll have to pay some taxes afterward ($40ish..). If you don't want to go thru the hassle, then Ricambi sells them on their site for a little more.

JIM