Sepang Charity Drive | FerrariChat

Sepang Charity Drive

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Remy Zero, Feb 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    for prices ranging from RM250-RM500, you will get 3 hot laps by experienced drivers in P-Cars, F-cars, and Lambos. read this on Thursday's news paper, money goes to charity. anyone got any extra info on this?

2. Fantastic288

Fantastic288 Rookie

Sep 14, 2007
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    YL Lee
    #2 Fantastic288, Feb 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yup, here's more info on that. Hope to see you there Brian...

http://www.forceofnature.org/events.php?id=36

Supercar For Charity

This event is organized by the Porsche Club Malaysia (PCM) in collaboration with the Ferrari Owner’s Club (FOC), Lamborghini Owner’s Club (pending registration) and Force of Nature Aid Foundation (FON) to assist local foundations and non governmental organizations (NGOs) in lending a hand to communities hit by the recent devastating floods. This idea was conceptualized by a group of caring Supercar owners who will contribute their time and cars to be ‘chauffeurs’ for charitable passengers to experience ‘first hand’ the thrill of lapping the Sepang International racing Circuit with the speed and excitement only supercars can offer.

EVENT Supercars for Charity offers the experience of being driven in a supercar by experienced drivers. In addition, attendees can experience driving a race tuned Porsche Cayman S under the guidance of a professional instructor.
    CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS

There are four ride packages available; tax exempt receipts available for all amounts over RM250/-

Class 1 - Porsche 993, 996, 997 Ferrari 355, 360 Modena Aston Martin DB7 Lotus V8 BMW M6 Mercedes SL AMG
    Single ride tickets of 3 laps RM300/- PAX

Class 2 - Lamborghini Gallardo Aston Martin DB9 Porsche Turbo 996, 997 Ferrari 360 Stradale, 430, 575 Porsche GT2, GT3
    Single ride tickets of 3 laps RM500/- PAX

Class 3 - Lamborghini LP640 Porsche Carrera GT, Avalanche Ferrari F50, F60, 599
    Single ride tickets of 3 laps RM1,000/- PAX

Professional Training @ RM1,000/pax

Drivers will compete to set the fastest time on a slalom course prepared by professional Race Driver Tommy Lee and his team of renowned race instructors. The package includes 4 laps around Sepang with professional instructions from one of the experienced race instructors. As a special prize, the 3 fastest drivers of the Slalom Course will get one F1 ticket each and a model of a Porsche Cayman S from SIDRA.

Starting at only RM300, it is a unique way to experience a supercar thrill around Sepang while contributing to charity.

Additional sponsorship packages

GROUP @ RM10,000/- tax exempt receipts available 5 ride tickets on Class 1 supercars, advertising space (small) on 10 supercars and photo session.

CORPORATE @ RM20,000/- tax exempt receipts available 5 ride tickets on Class 2 supercars, medium advertising space on supercars and Corporate logo included in the Show Cars back-drop for photo sessions.

PLATINUM @ RM50,000/- tax exempt receipts available 5 ride tickets on Class 3 Supercars, large advertising space on supercars and Corporate logo included in the Show Cars back-drop for photo sessions.

Special Events

There will be a variety of exotic and rare show cars on display for photography sessions. Amongst the show cars will be a; Pagani Zonda, Maserati MC12, Ford GT 40 and Porsche Carrera Mirage. This is an once-in-a-lifetime experience as these are the only ones of their kind in Malaysia. The Canon Models, Amazing Race Girls and other attractive beauties will make the photo session a must.

HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE The event plans to;
    • Raise funds to implement projects for communities to recover from the devastating floods that hit Malaysia recently.
    • Raise awareness of the needs of flood victims.
    • Raise awareness that rebuilding communities require a long-term commitment and most communities are neglected once the media coverage ends or goes away.

You can contribute by sponsoring any of the packages - by sharing the news of the event - by raising awareness in your community of the plight and condition of flood victims - by playing a part in providing ongoing aid and assistance to the victims of flooding in Malaysia. 100% of the proceeds from this event will benefit flood victims which will be monitored and disbursed by Force of Nature Aid Foundation to the Rotary & Lion Club and/or other local NGOs and foundations in aid of the flood victims.

LOCATION The event will be held at Sepang International Circuit.

DATE Sunday 24 February, 2008 from 14.00 - 18.00

Feel free to PM me for more info. Thanks.

And a sample of just some of the cars that will be there...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Got the email. I got to drive passenger 3laps while they pay rm1000. I have to "earn" more than RM1600 or make good the balance while particpating fee is RM300. Gallardos cost RM500 for passengers. Problem is I'll need new tyres & get pre-trackday inspection done.

4. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    great posts guys, and thanks for the updates. when is it again? i hope i'll get my salary by the time. i suppose i can afford the 300 bucks package. do i get to choose what car i wanna ride in? i'll def pick the Ferrari.. :D

5. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    my bad..February 24th? thats this sunday. i doubt i'll have the cash in time. anyways, do i need a ticket to get into the circuit then? btws, if i do come, i'll PM you, Lee my number, or worse come to worse, just look for a bald Indian guy :)

6. Fantastic288

Fantastic288 Rookie

Sep 14, 2007
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    YL Lee
    #6 Fantastic288, Feb 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great. So I'll be the one harassing every bald indian guy in sight.... jez kidding. Look forward to meeting you Brian.

Guys, I've attached the info pack and the event schedule.

It is building up to be a fun time. I look forward to seeing the Pagani Zonda, Maserati MC12, Ford GT 40 and Porsche Carrera Mirage. Of course, the Race Girls will be a welcome distraction too.

Also, there will be a Cayman S Slalom competition.

Feel free to email me to confirm your participation. Passenger ride slots are filling up quite quickly.

[email protected]

Thanks!

7. Remy Zero

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Thanks a bunch Lee! PM sent.