Repaint - which paint brand ??? | FerrariChat

Repaint - which paint brand ???

Discussion in '360/430' started by masar, Feb 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    I am going to repaint my car with my original color Rosso Corsa. I just putted complete CS kit which means i have to paint practically 1/3 of the car. Rest of the car (doors,hood.....) have some scratches,dents... so i decided to make full repaint. I will avoid possible difference between new/old paint + i will have brand new paint without scratches.

Ferrari use PPG paint. But my paintshop use Standox paint. They told me that PPG and Standox is practically produced by one producer and there is only marketing issue behind that and fact that PPG and Standox buy from same producer. They say that hey will get Rosso Corsa from Standox and there will be no difference at all compare PPG. Its one of the best paintshops so i trust them. However i am curious if you know the brand of paint which was used for your cars in case you repainted bumpers, etc.... Can you post your experience? Did you use PPG or other brand?

2. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Peter, I would highly recommend the Water based, ceramic clearcoat paint system. It is all that Ferrari uses at this point. Email me and I will contact the company that did my work for the paint used and paint code for you. They are a Ferrrai authorized facility and the paint that had done is Stellar to say the least. They exact higher standards than the manufacurer does and it shows.

David