Doug/Shirley Phelps---SHAMEFUL | FerrariChat

Doug/Shirley Phelps---SHAMEFUL

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Tomf-1, Jan 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #1 Tomf-1, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    How do they know Heath isn't in heaven? When a preacher speaks about someone in the congregation that has passed, he usually says something to the affect of, "He / She is with God now....." I find it interesting how much hate an intolerance there is in many churches that preach love and understanding.

FYI - I'd guess this will not affect Heath anyway.

Also, I find it interesting that they wont picket the memorial service in Australia. I wish they would and see how the Aussies handle this.

3. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

Everytime a member of his church or one of their family members dies people should picket and disrupt the funeral.

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
  5. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    The way I see it is there are 2 ways to stop these people. #1 Every family that they picket should sue out of existance them for emotional distress. #2 The media needs to stop giving these good for nothing, waste of the time it took to make them, p.o.s.'s time on tv and radio.

6. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #6 No Doubt, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It's not really much of a "church" (more like a clan of attorneys who want to bait people into su-able violence). They were banned from the Baptist Church even though they still pirate the name.

Here's what Google Maps shows for that Westboro "church" address (also, notice the zip code):
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i HATE the wbc. if i ever saw one of their pickets going on, i'd stop what i was doing and join the freedom fighters blocking their protest. i'm surprised no one camps outside their headquarters in topeka and pickets them, i'd clear it with the neighbors and yell stuff outside their houses 24/7 at them, besided the kkk, i think this is the 1 group that gets me worked up the most.

8. Techn9ne421

Techn9ne421 Karting

May 7, 2006
    Prairie Village, KS
    Full Name:
    Kyle Brady
    I was listening to the Church of Lazlo the other day and they talked to Dougs grand daughter. Those people are freaks.

9. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Attention Whores.. the only thing that will shut these people up is silence.

Ignoring their existence is the best way to fight ignorant self esteem starved attention whores like these people.

That said...

BACK TO THE BIKINI THREAD...

10. mchferrari

mchferrari Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    Full Name:
    Matthew Holderbach
    It's too bad this is all we're known for. Their place (can't really call it a church) is basically a fortified compound that normal people can't get in to.
    They've picketed my church several times, even for regular mass. I applaud the freedom fighters and whoever peacefully challenges them.

11. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    we'd hold them in detention on Christmas Island like we do with all illegals :D

seriously, can these people differentiate between movie and real life ?

Ledger was straight, with a child, apparently :confused:

12. Ecnal

Ecnal Karting

Jun 28, 2004
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Ecnal
    The legal profession is no more responsible for these guys than churches are.

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Moretti is right, they have confused the movie's plot with reality...

Yes, John he fell in love with the female lead of Brokeback and has a two year old girl with her, they are travelling back from Europe where she was filming..

And it was FEMALE masseuse that found him in his final moments of life, so yea, he was going to be getting a good 'working over' if he hadn't fell so deeply asleep.

The only loose end is the rolled bill found there, yet no coke.........so I suspect he may have been doing what many Rx abusers do......crushing a compound intended to be time released and kicking the whole thing in at once.......also much like Anna Nichole and son, three of the six meds were dispensed in Europe, three more from US doctors.

So there's all kinds of wierd things can happen if you don't coordinate all the meds thru one guy.

14. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    My mom got into a scuffle downtown in kansas city one day with these clowns. They got in my moms face and I almost got arrested. Fun Times. Complete idiots. Natural Selection will take them out soon enough, I am sure of this.

15. The Godmother

The Godmother Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Marci H.
    Seems to me these people represent a threat to our National Security. Perhaps the Homeland Security group should investigate them and put these people up for deportation.

The Sudan border area comes to mind for relocation. Lots of hate going on there for these folks to join in. Or Nigeria. How is Libya these days? Does bin Laden still have any training camps there? They could picket those. LOL

If we told them that some people actually own Ferraris, they would probably show up and picket one of our events! Isn't there a verse about conspicuous consumption somewhere in the Bible? Of course, we Ferrari enthusiasts are only preserving history!

Some people make it difficult to hang onto the belief that in this country everyone has a right to their own opinions, even when they disagree with ours. Which brings up the ethical question of how "in your face" those who disagree with us should be allowed to be. Is there a limit? When do their actions "cross the line" and become a hate crime? Interesting...

16. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    from the sounds of it, they'll be in town for the funeral of those that died at the zoning meeting here in st louis. absolutely shameful.

17. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This assh@le did picket the two kirkwood police officer's funerals. During the first one a large SUV just happened to break down right in front of him and played a loud radio :) to cover his voice as the hearse passed by. So he figured it wasn't a good idea to screw with the cops, so he decided to try to get airtime by protesting at the killers funeral. He's probably just pissed off because God cursed him with small and broken equipment. So he lashes out at others. Some people are suing him in civil court and are winning. Hit him in the pocketbook, thats where it hurts! He is such a Jackass! No class. I'm betting he'll be up at NIU for the victims funerals there. Maybe somebody can park (er break down) their van in front of his ass up there.

18. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    to put it bluntly, i'd like nothing more than to see their asses get kicked one of these days.

19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
  20. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
  21. Detour_racing

Detour_racing Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    This group is the lowest of the low. They are in Chicago protesting the NIU funerals. As a NIU graduate this has hit a nerve with me. They were in St.Charles yesterday spreading their nonsense. What a disgrace to the families! They were to be in Roselle this afternoon. So a couple of us got together to confront these low lives but they were not there. The Roselle police had all the parking lots blocked so that you could not get near the funeral home. Which I guess detered them from protesting. They are claiming that they will be at Glenbard North tomorrow for the memorial service. We will try again. They are quoted in the paper as saying "this is our vacation, this is fun for us......" And they call themselves a church.

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    The media should not even give them press time!!!!

They are the lowly of the scum of the earth.

What perverted minds that call themselves religious. May they all rot in Hell!!

23. CFCARRIAGE

CFCARRIAGE Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2006
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Confronting them is what they want. They need to be pushed into the back of the room or blocked out of site. contoversy and attention is what they want. If you get in to it with them they have got what they want and a better chance at getting the spotlight. Just carry big American flags and block thier view!!!!