Ferrari 250 GTO Video | FerrariChat

Ferrari 250 GTO Video

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Boxer365, Feb 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boxer365

Boxer365 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 8, 2006
    Europe
  2. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Pardon my ignorance, but are the cars with 2 vents on the fender wells instead of 3 replicas?

3. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
    The Morgan is cute.

4. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
  5. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
  6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Series I ('62 - '63) 250 GTOs were delivered new with 2 extractor vents on each fender. A large number of them were later modified with the addition of a third vent.

7. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    I just tripped over this thread in the dark. It was my--mistaken ?--impression that some later Series 1 GTOs were made with three vents like the GTO64s. Mine certainly had two vents as it left the factory and appeared with three when Mecom raced it. Ralph Lauren returned it to its original, if not historically memorable, two vent configuration.

Thank you for your kind words, Boxer365. And yes, P4Replica, she is the very same Morgan.

8. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    As far as I'm aware (and I'm no expert), the only '62-'63 250 GTO to originally have three vents was 4713/GT, which was not bodied in the Series I GTO style at all, but was given a 330 LMB-style body instead.

9. J2J

J2J Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2008
  10. krasnavian

krasnavian Formula 3

Dec 24, 2003
    Los Angeles/Paris
    You may well be correct. My assumption was based on the observation that some of the third vents were crudely done without the internal finishing of the original two and others seemed to be done with more care as though by the factory.

11. Boxer365

Boxer365 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 8, 2006
    Europe
    I have also seen an excellent high resolution version. The file size is 95MB and takes a while to download.

I believe posting links here is heavily frowned on so I can't provide the location.

12. robbie

robbie F1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    A million years ago Steve Griswold, The Griswold Company - Berkeley, CA, was a Ferrari dealer. He printed a high quality, large poster of a disassembled GTO. The (red) body is on jack stands and all the components are carefully laid out in front of it. A studio shot .. all white background. Each component is numbered and below the picture is a listing of the parts. The Griswold logo is on the bottom. I managed to get a copy way back then and have had this framed poster over my desk ever since, and I never stop admiring the beauty of that car. Art in motion.

Steve had a ton of Ferraris. I recall one FCA (or maybe FOC) Laguna Seca track day following the Monterey Historics. Steve had a Series II GTO and after the day was over was looking for someone to drive it back to Berkeley for him. The catch was that it was not licensed and it had straight pipes ... a police magnet if there ever was one. He had lots of volunteers anyway (yes, me too). I don't remember who, if anyone, did that "chore." One of those "if only" moments.

I always give high marks to GTO owners who bring them out and drive them fairly aggressively even though they are irreplaceable. Just what Enzo wanted.

13. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Just saw this now - thanks for posting it up. The 250 GTO is my all-time favorite Ferrari, so this was a great little video ;)

14. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    agree with you it s the only video about infeneon last year.
    Made by Krasnavian, check in vintage section or French section.