The Bridge | FerrariChat

The Bridge

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Akira, Feb 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Akira

Akira Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    Very depressing movie... But it was worth a look.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4636757064676695790&q=Golden+Gate+Bridge+suicide+duration%3Along&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

"People suffer largely unnoticed while the rest of the world goes about its business. This is a documentary exploration of the mythic beauty of the Golden Gate Bridge, the most popular suicide destination in the world, and those drawn by its call. Steel and his crew filmed the bridge during daylight hours from two separate locations for all of 2004, recording most of the two dozen deaths in that year (and preventing several others). They also taped interviews with friends, families and witnesses, who recount in sorrowful detail stories of struggles with depression, substance abuse and mental illness. Raises questions about suicide, mental illness and civic responsibility as well as the filmmaker's relationship to his fraught and complicated material"

2. luke9583

luke9583 Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Detroit Michigan
    Full Name:
    Luke Wells
    I thought it was interesting though :)

I rented that one a couple weeks ago. GREAT first date movie!

3. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    back in Dubai
    Full Name:
    Scot Danner
    That's why I love it here: you're a load of sickos. And I mean that in a good way :D

4. Akira

Akira Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2003
    I see what you did here... Get the girl to be emotional and BAM, you are there to help her out... :)

5. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Kinda sad. Amazing how some people were "ok" with the suicide of the guy with the long hair.

Antony