USA FERRARI F40 | Page 84 | FerrariChat

USA FERRARI F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by joe sackey, Jul 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #2076 joe sackey, Feb 20, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Joe I've never seen the #1 F40 from this angle before. Where did you find that one? The wheels look like fakes with a chrome finish and not the silver painted centre part. Most of the press day pictures were of the intro F40 as it was the only complete car.

Your picture on the wall of the F40 rear view with the California lic plate looks like Ron Kimball's work, correct? His style is quite unique.
    CH

3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes I agree this is the best image of Number 1 Ive seen to date...

Actually the studio shoot of my first F40 was done locally by fellow Lamborghini owner Dennis Fugnetti at his studios.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

Interesting to hear Joe. I guess that is one of the "famous" F40 shots....

6. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    What is up with that weight???? I mean, I know it's light, but not that light LOL.

Just over 2400 pounds? Euro spec or not, that isn't right. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Euro spec about 2700 pounds?

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    All the era F1 drivers were given F40s. Mansell, Prost, Alesi. Only Alesi still has his...

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

8. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade SSNISTR,

I am able to confirm that you are perfectly correct. For both the Euro F-40 and the English F-40 Lightweight weigh one thousand two hundred and thirty five kilograms and which, I understand, equates to circa two thousand seven hundred and seventeen pounds.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

9. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Thank you sir!

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #2085 joe sackey, Feb 20, 2008
    Dear Comrade Graham,

You chaps in England receive a fair old ribbing from your Yankee peers. But the fact is, you know how to throw a party. God Save The Queen!

Joe
    www.joesackey.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #2086 joe sackey, Feb 20, 2008
  12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #2087 joe sackey, Feb 20, 2008
  13. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dearest and Most August Comrade Joe Sackey Fount of all Efforty Wisdom,

When you say a 'little more' do you mean something approaching ten per cent more or is it something even rather more than this? Essentially, how much does the United States of America's Efforty Heavyweight actually weigh, good comrade?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Pilot of the English Efforty Lightweight - as defined with this illustrious nomenclatural title by the doyen of everything Efforty - Good Comrade Joe Sackey.

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Graham,

The USA F40 weighs more than the rest-of-the-world F40. It is rated at over 2,900 lbs but in fact I have my own data acheived by weighing my own car. With a half-tank of gas it exceeded 3,000 lbs. I shall dig out the data and share it forthwith...

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

15. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dearest and Most August Comrade Joe Sackey,

You are too kind dear comrade and your generosity seemingly knows no bounds. But pray, am I correct in assessing the weight of the United States of America's Efforty Heavyweight to be rather more than ten per cent heavier than the English Efforty Lightweight that I had originally estimated?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

16. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Joe do you think the Mansell/Alesi/Prost cars are worth more due to their owners?

17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    With fluids, a half-tank of gas, Schedoni luggage, tools, keys, and my driving sunglasses, Im afraid it scaled in excess of 3,000lbs, but not by much... however I recall that this was with the first car in 1998 and it still had that behemothic suzy haymaker of an original exhaust unit fitted. My current car has been releived of this rather weighty burden and that alone could put it under 3,000 lbs...

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    To most, in a word: No.

But they will always be regarded as "interesting cars with interesting histories"...

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

19. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dearest Comrade Joe Sackey,

If you really have done as you have stated then by removing the original exhaust you will have massacred the Classiche Certification Survey. Therefore, you may as well throw away the vast tome of the Classiche Certification documentation itself - and the hefty badge. This again would generate untold pounds in weight saving. Nay, it would still not match the Illustrious English Efforty Lightweight, but it would go some way to negating the vast difference. But, I now suspect that I have been caught by your mischief, just as I have simillary caught so many others on my Efforty Puncture thread. Therefore, I believe a conspiracy has taken place and that I have been hoist by my own petard. Joe, you are a very naughty boy indeed, and I do not believe for one moment that you have actually dispensed with the wonderful factory fitted exhaust pipe that the whole Forum knows is one of your most treasured possessions.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #2095 joe sackey, Feb 20, 2008
    Once and for all, let this matter be settled :)

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

21. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Joe Sackey,

This is absolute anathema to me. You have seemingly undergone a quintessential metanoia. I cannot believe this ferruginious exhaust is that which has been removed from your Efforty. Even if it is true I still refuse to believe it as I do not wish to be the only personage upon this illustrious Forum possessed of the only Efforty with bona fide Classiche Certification. It is as though I have been cast into the wilderness and we are yet only part way through Lent. Joe, is it that you have given up the Classiche Certification for Lent? Please say it's true?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are

22. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I have the same freakin' toolbox!

Stainless Snap On?

23. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    #2098 2NA, Feb 20, 2008
  24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The Certification documentation specifically states that the original items must be kept within close proximity of the car, within the same storage structure, and no more than 20 feet away.

I beleive I have complied with the aforementioned guidelines...

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

25. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes its a Hammerhead given to me by my illustrious wife, in a surreptitious attempt to make me spend more time in the garage... but it hasnt worked. I spend all my time on the phone cookin' up deals and the rest of my time causing trouble on F-Chat :)

Joe
    www.joesackey.com