Drive in Jonesboro, Arkansas - 23 Feb 2008 | FerrariChat

Drive in Jonesboro, Arkansas - 23 Feb 2008

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by GTHill, Feb 8, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I talked to Mike in Jonesboro today and we thought it would be nice to get some cars together and go for a drive. March and April are tight for Mike and I so we wanted to get it knocked out before too long.

The plan would be to meet at Mikes office around 10:00 - 10:30 a.m. in Jonesboro (address to follow). This would give Central Arkansas and West Tennessee guys some time to get there. We would head out around 11:00 a.m. and go driving. Mike says there is a nice round trip drive that should take around an hour. Then... lunch. After lunch (place TBD) we will head off for another drive that is just over an hour. All told we should be done around 2:30 p.m. for those of you that would want to get going back home.

This is not a Ferrari only event. Come one come all!

Please RSVP if you can (not necessary) so I can get lunch reservations if there is going to be a decent number of us. Feel free to PM or email me. If you email, please make the subject line something to do with driving or Ferrari's. Otherwise I may think you are trying to sell me male enhancements.

Even if you can't make it, spread the word among car friends. If you want to give me a call, just PM me and I'll shoot you my phone number.

Gene

2. drmikethompson

drmikethompson Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Jonesboro, AR.
    Full Name:
    Michael L. Thompson
    Gene, Hopefully Greg and Steve will see your post. I'll get out next weekend and drive the route to make sure all the roads are ok. There are some really nice lunch places in route, one is a new sports type place. I'll keep you posted on my end.

Mike

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Sounds great!

Gene

4. tmb355

tmb355 Rookie

Apr 10, 2006
    JBORO, AR
    Full Name:
    Tobias B.
    It looks like the weather this Saturday will be low 40s with a mix of SUN and clouds with no rain forecasted.
    I live over by Mikes office, so I will definitely be there. I do not have an exotic for the drive, if anyone has an open seat, that would be awesome.
    Gene, have you had any other RSVP's?

Tobias

5. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    No I don't at this point. I'm sure that someone wouldn't mind you riding along. In fact, if you don't bring a car its even better. You get to ride in multiple cars. :)

Gene

6. tmb355

tmb355 Rookie

Apr 10, 2006
    JBORO, AR
    Full Name:
    Tobias B.
    I know some people in the Jonesboro Corvette club that might want to join us. I will extend an invitation to them.

Tobias

7. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I just got off the phone with Mike and the decision has been made that we are going to cancel. The roads are still a bit wet and may have salt on them still. So... we'll plan another one soon!

Gene

8. tmb355

tmb355 Rookie

Apr 10, 2006
    JBORO, AR
    Full Name:
    Tobias B.
    That's too bad! The weather has been a little more like winter this week. I'll pass the word along.
    Until next time......