Sanden compressor | FerrariChat

Sanden compressor

Discussion in '308/328' started by Steve King, Feb 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    I noticed while looking at Sanden compressors on the Nostalgic Air web site that these are not OEM Sanden compressors but a Chinese substitute. So has anyone used one of these and if so how do they perform. I had also looked at a different compressor bracked from Airpartsstore on e-bay which allows you to eleminate the idler pulley. Looks like a better approach. They also list kits with the older SD508 compressor. This is the 5 piston version. When I talked to this guy Steve Carr at Carr Auto he suggested to go to the SD7H15 series which is the 7 piston compressor and the latest model. Said it has way less drag on the motor when you turn it on. So I am still gathering information and will post results in a few weeks when I determine my direction. All of the 3 folks I have talked to believe they can fit me up with a Drier and Expansion valve that will fit. So I still working it.

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #2 miketuason, Feb 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Steve, sorry I still haven't had a chance to get some info on the bracket, but this photo I just took last week from another Euro 308 that was park infront of a local shop. I stop by to take pics and this is what I saw. I spoke to the owner and he said I could come over check out his 308 when he gets it back from the shop. So maybe he will give me info about this bracket.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I've seen that bracket on Euro's with Sanden compressors several times. In fact, I have one. I've always believed they were OEM as they're definitely unique to the 3x8s.

They're pretty well made, but a PITA to get off! Makes changing the cam belt noticably harder compared to a York style compressor's brackets.

4. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Thanks guys. I've found a few different types on e-bay which look to fit the bill. There is one that bolts up to the york bracket and eliminates the belt tensioner. You just adjust the compressor in the bracket. It looks like I'll be heading that way. I'm Still looking.