Yellow Nylocks - Newco sells them for $7 each, other sources? | FerrariChat

Yellow Nylocks - Newco sells them for $7 each, other sources?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by synchro, Feb 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm refreshing my suspension and looking for three types of nylocks;
    10mm x 1.25
    12mm x 1.25
    12mm x 1.50

I see that Newco has the correct ones with yellow inserts but they charge $6.99 for each.
    http://www.newcoproducts.com/ferrari/SpecializedFasteners.asp

My local parts store has them with blue inserts for $0.50 for 10mm and $0.75 for 12mm, but I'd like the yellow inserts to be correct.

Does anyone know of another source?

Thank you.

2. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Nice to see you are looking for another source. Newcoproducts is a company you should not do business with.

3. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Looks like Armed Robbery from Newco.

I always replace Nylock nuts if they are in important places.

I buy them in bags of 100 from Fastenal.

I just bought 5/16-24 for a Jaguar I'm restoring. The bag was around $20 for good quality Grade 8.

I couldn't care less what color the lock ring is.

4. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    I have tried to source the yellow insert nylocks in the UK and here in Australia. Newco is the only source I've found or ever been referred to. I think they know that they have a captive market!

Whilst the insert is the correct colour, the newco nuts are not quite the same height as the equivalent diameter original nuts.

5. pastmaster

pastmaster Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    Guys,

Try Alma Bolt Co., here in Alma. They make their own and distribute everything, worldwide. Maybe they can help you. Here is their site;

http://www.almabolt.com/

Ciao...Paolo

6. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Do not know about the yellow nuts, but Newco's fuel line bits and pieces, albeit well made, they are bastard sizes. Newco is upfront about this BTW.

It is okay if you make up a whole run with all the lines and all the fittings by Newco. But if you try to piecemeal Newco bits with the original bits, leaks will haunt you forever.

john

7. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
    According to Neal at Newco the colors of the lock ring in the Nylock nuts are patented by country. Italy gets yellow and we get blue and we cannot inport the yellows here due to agreements between the distributors and the manufacturer. I'm curious about this and would appreciate if anyone knows more about this. Additionally, Neal says that the nuts are slightly diferent than new because the original nuts were made from hex stock and the current ones are not. This results in a softer edge to the hex which looks diferent.
    Morris

8. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Sounds a little like BS. I've purchased nuts with lockrings in every color imagineable.

9. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

2 weeks ago I contacted them twice with no response. Looks like you're located there so probably get great results from walking up.

10. pastmaster

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    I'll try calling them, and see what the response is, to our FChat requests. I'll post what I find.

Ciao...Paolo

11. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    please can you let me know as well as i could do with some [but not at $7 each]

12. pastmaster

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    I haven't had a chance to followup today, but have you tried an Italian Motorcycle Shop? If the yellow banding, goes by nationality?

Ciao...Paolo

13. topolino

topolino Karting

Jul 21, 2006
    Aachen Germany
    Full Name:
    Hein Brand
    We have them in stock!

M6, M8, M10x1, M12 and valve cover nuts. Other dimensions are available

www.heinbrand.com

Hein

14. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
    Where are they on your web-site?
    Thanks, Morris

15. prance

prance Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    morris
  16. pastmaster

Feb 5, 2006
    Alma, Michigan USA
    HI Guys!

I called Alma Bolt Co., today and talked to a lady named Penny. I explained the situation to her and she said, she would be glad to help. I will enclose her email and phone #. One of the owners of Alma Bolt, may have owned a Ferrari, also. She said they have yellow nylocks or can get them.

Here is the contact information;

email: [email protected]

phone: 989 463 1122 ext. 1009 ask for Penny, if you go through switchboard.

Hope this helps.

Ciao...Paolo

17. Newco

Newco Rookie

Feb 10, 2006
    Encino, CA
    Full Name:
    Neil Mangia
    Gentlemen,

Nylock nuts are here :

M 6
    M 10 x 1.50
    M 10 x 1.25
    M 12 x 1.25
    M 14 x 1.50 ( Not online Yet )

These are the Yellow insert Class 10 nuts. Here is some info on these nuts, you get what you pay for. The colors come from different companies all over the world. Ferrari has always used the same company, since their quality was the best. The reason I imported these was because these are the correct ones for Ferrari. These nuts have the correct, hardness, color, and the best part the correct height. There are always cheaper products available, but the word cheap & Ferrari to me, does not work. If you want cheap, go buy those nuts, in clear, blue, purple, or don't drive a Ferrari, just make sure that insurance policy is paid up. Ferrari chose special nylocks, not your normal grade, but a higher grade, for what reason ? The reason is your going 140, see what happens when something fails. Newco Products may have high prices, but for the last 20 years, we have been doing something right.

More sizes incoming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Does Fastenel do bulk orders? When I look at the nuts for sale, its 8 cents each, and I don't see a bulk price. Typically 100 count boxes are way cheaper??? Who buys nuts 1 nut at a time?

19. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    $7 a nut is theft, there is no reason to think you can charge people that price and expect them to thank you or be happy about doing business with you. It doenst matter what car it goes on, you are over-charging because of the application not quality.

stavri likes this.
  20. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    So as many owners on this site work on there cars and try to afford them why are your prices so high? Even your paper ducting is gold value!?
    Seems your no different than the dealers possibly 20% higher.

stavri likes this.
  21. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    #22 2NA, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

BS Alert!

Isn't fear a wonderful marketing tool?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavri likes this.
  22. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I bought the cheaper and better ones (*not from Newco products), for my 100 point multi million dollar show car from another source. I do not need to worry about 140mph speeds. The car only gets moved from the trailer to the lawn, then back to the trailer into my garage, several times a year. The ones I bought look correct and were cheaper. That's what's important to me. Thanks anyway Newco.

23. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    #24 8valve, Mar 20, 2008
    When I replaced all 4 Koni's and at the same time replaced the rubbers of the anti-roll bars of my 308 2 years ago, I just did the obvious thing and ordered the yellow-insert nyloc nuts (just HAD to have those!)through my local Ferrari dealer around the corner. Actually, they're 20 miles away;). At first, what I received was a new style locknut, one that has been 'pinched' by a machine so it's out of round and therefore will lock. But I returned those and the guys at the parts department were able to source the originals for me. I just checked the invoice, 20 M10/ 20 M8 for 20 Euros (about $30.00).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    #25 PINNIN512, Mar 20, 2008