F430 Scuderia in for a short reign? | FerrariChat

F430 Scuderia in for a short reign?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by isuk, Feb 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #1 isuk, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Lamborghini Gallardo LP560/4 To be launched at Geneva show.

-0-100 kmh 3.7 seconds
    -new Launch control system
    -new high reving 5.2L FSI with much lower CO2 emission than any current Ferrari engine.
    -latest suspension technology modified from Audi R8
    -latest braking technology modified from R8
    -new e-gear shifts as fast as F1 Superfast in Scuderia
    -front, side and thorax airbags. Scud features only two airbags.
    -said by Lamborghini to lap the 'ring 12 secs faster than the Superleggera :eek:

Am I glad I've got my name down for one :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
  3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #3 isuk, Feb 23, 2008
  4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Looks and sounds like an absolute rip snorting monster and dare I say it a Scud killer !!!

Seems like Lamborgini are still up to their old tricks of trounching Ferrari models :)

Cannot wait to see this car!

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Just imagine what the Superleggera version could be like if/when released :D The Nurburgring figure seems incredible considering this is a fully kitted out and therefore heavier car. We'll have to wait and see if the time stands up to scrutiny but if it does it seems the boys at Sant'agata won't be popular at Maranello. The Scud's thunder may be stolen before it has even been delivered to most owners :eek:

6. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    This looks great. Im not a fan at all of the Gallardo SE or SL, i think they are just Lambo milking money out of an out going model before launching a new model which is superior to them all. I guess i was right.

So whats the basic price on one of these? Its not getting up to the ridiculous £200k mark like the 430 Scud is it ????

7. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    According to a fairly well informed poster on another forum it will be 6% dearer than the current model in Europe which seems a relative bargain for the performance gains. Some of the figures are very interesting

12s faster than Gallardo SL round the 'ring means 7:34 (vs. 7:33 for latest Porsch 997 GT2)
    0-300km/hr in 34s (vs. 33s for 997 GT2)

So it looks like it most likely will be cheaper than the Scud, have more luxury and give it a tough time on performance.

8. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    I never liked the Gallardo (I know my brother adored it) but this is just amazing.

I'm sure the Superlaggera owners are feeling a little upset now.

Must... Earn... More... Money...

9. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Does the /4 at the end of the name indicate the possibility of a rwd version in the future?

10. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    It would suggest that is a distinct possibility. Perhaps if they do a Superleggera Mk 2 version....... ??? Who knows.

11. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    care to share delivery dates and whats the amount for the new car..

Excellent choice

12. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I don't have firm info on either I'm afraid. The car is expected to be available in the UK from late summer and if pricing follows Europe it will be around 6% above the current model. I agreed with my dealer last summer that if I swapped out of my coupe into a spyder he'd give me one of his initial allocation of cars. I kept my side of the bargain and I'm seeing him on Thursday at a Lambo driving day so will hopefully get more info then.

13. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    I've always prefered Lambos :D:D:D:D

14. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #14 isuk, Feb 26, 2008
    Got my dates mixed up and attended the Lamborghini Academy driving day today. The new car should be launched in the UK in Sept/Oct and the price may (not confirmed I hasten to add) be on a par with the Superleggera. I had my first drive of a Superleggera today and it is a fantastic car.

New pic of rear of LP560/4.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login