Ferrari History | FerrariChat

Ferrari History

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by thepinkumbrella, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    I was massively saddened today to hear the passing of Paul Frere on 23/2/08.
    Paul Frere won Le Mans at the seat of a Ferrari in 1960, partnered by Olivier Gendebien.
    He and Gendebien won the 12 hours of Reims in 1958 whilst driving a long wheelbase 250 GT.
    Paul Frere went on to further his career with expert journalism for many a respected journal and even penned his own books.

My fear is that as Ferrari evolves more and more in to the future many here (UK owners/afficionados) forget Ferrari's past.

Please, all Ferrari owners remember the past and what Ferrari means.

Think about it.....properly

2. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    My fear is that as Ferrari evolves more and more in to the future many here (UK owners/afficionados) forget Ferrari's past.

Please, all Ferrari owners remember the past and what Ferrari means.

Think about it.....properly

+1

3. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Thanks for posting that Paul. Sad news of the passing of another great Ferrari Piloti.

4. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    On the subject of Anciens Pilotes, I have arranged for Tony Brooks to come and talk to Thames Valley FOC on 13th Oct. Anyone interested in attending please contact me by PM.

5. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si