Red or not | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Red or not

Discussion in '360/430' started by POS0513, Feb 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    Like OMG....why are we discussing & deliberating over color when the real issue is F1 vs. 6-Speed? ;)

2. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    I actually would go between RED/TAN BLACK/TAN

a 360 looks pretty ******* badass in BLACK/TAN also.. you guys don't think so?

3. numisrx

numisrx Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 4, 2007
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Ask anyone on here and it will be the color of their car. For me Black/Black of course. People always tell me "it should be red and convertible". Same with F1 or 3 pedal car. Pick your favorite and enjoy!

4. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    #29 gothspeed, Feb 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    +1.... I have to agree...... red is the first color on this flag....... :rolleyes: ............. nero is the only real color...... long live the 'nero alleanza'!!!! :cool:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
  6. 360blue

360blue Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2007
    Hancock Park
    Full Name:
    adil
    #31 360blue, Feb 24, 2008
    Choose the color you like not what you want to sell faster. You would be stuck with Red for 3 yrs while you own it and perhaps sell it in 3 weeks and not like the color or else go with less common place colors like TDF or Blu pozzi or silver and enjoy it while selling it may take 3 months . I agree more and more new F car owners are going for different colors and it is going to become a trend eventually.

7. tonyc

tonyc Formula 3

Oct 19, 2003
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Tony C
    I normally skip threads having to do with color choices and "why should I buy a Ferrari when (Porsche, BMW, Merc, etc...) is better, cheaper, faster, etc....

This thread is for the most part interesting. I had a yellow Ferrari and I loved the color, actually I still do. I now have a Rosso Corsa Ferrari. I am honestly not sure why I went with Red. I know in the back of my mind I kept remember things like "Red is the only proper color for a Ferrari", "Red == easy resale", my family kept asking why yellow and not red, etc... I liked red, always wanted a red Ferrari, so I went with red.

OK, now that I have red, I like it, it is a "proper" Ferrari, but when we go on Ferrari runs, I am always looking at the Yellow, Titanium and Black ones and thinking to myself damn, those look good.

In the future, what ever my next Ferrari is, I am pretty sure it will have a metallic paint, regardless of the color. I think Titanium is a fantastic look for most Ferrari cars, the Bordeaux interior looks really classy in person.

Bottom line, look at all the colors and combinations in person, don't let us or others influence your choice.

Good luck in your decision POS0513!

8. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The black is to hot of a color in CA and it looks dirty in one day. I had one car in black and I said never again. I would not want to sit down in a black interior spider that has been parked in the sun for a while

9. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    I owned a few black cars (I just love black)

black and tan Viper and my Esprit..

black audi

I don't seem to notice them getting dirty that fast.. I really dont get all that talk..

a 360 in black/tan would be one of the top choices for me (that or red)

lamborghini gallardo in black/black looks awesome.. so does a murcie..

a 355 spider looks best in red/tan though.. beautiful..

It's gotta be a touch choice.. red/tan or black/tan.. ugh

10. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I live right on the edge of town where all the open fields for growing are. The dirt in the air will mess up a black car in one day.

11. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    Yes, in this case i have dilema :) But i still see black as best for some sedans, etc... I used to have black Nissan 300 ZX twinturbo in past. I bought this car after i owned pearl yellow 300ZX NA version. And the yellow was just better for me. Black is very nice, elegant color but black sport car seems to me like hidden. I have red now and i like it but if i would buy new Ferrari it would be yellow. I like red but agree its little bit boring....Too many reds.....

12. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay

not that there is anything wrong with that....;)

13. POS0513

POS0513 Rookie

Feb 12, 2006
    Topsfield, Edgartown
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Three weeks ago I was set on a Porsche turbo cab. With the help of everyone on this forum I've now decided on the Ferrari and know I'll be extremely happy. After a couple test drives and time at the dealer the transmission and color decisions are made. Thanks to everyone for their input. Now it's down to finding the right car and hopefully the next post will be about the new 360 in the garage.

14. bocaspyder360

bocaspyder360 Karting

Jan 18, 2008
    color all depends on the model of the car... My next Ferrari.. maybe a 360 spider or coupe.. will be black or red. I love the black CS's with the stripe... very hot looking.. Red looks great on all Ferrari's most people think Ferrari they think red.. want to be different.. go with another color..

15. Aamir

Aamir Karting

Feb 17, 2008
    Full Name:
    Amtrak
    How about bianco fuji with a dark brown interior...? don't think that color came with the 360 but GAWD that would look hot!!! might look better on a 430, though...

16. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    #41 BT, Feb 25, 2008
    I would prefer a TDF or other dark blue with either tan or couio (sp?) interior and a 6 speed manual on a 360 for sure. Todd, cover your eyes, here comes another red picture!!!

:D

BT

17. masar

masar Formula 3

Aug 19, 2007
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Petr
    And what is the decision ? :)

18. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Argh, ugh, umph, gasp, pfffffttt....

I can't take it anymore. Goodbye cruel world.

*filling bath tub and plugging in toaster as I wri.....................

19. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #44 SDChris, Feb 25, 2008
  20. mpartridgeferrari

Feb 14, 2008
    Cleveland Ohio
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    nice lineup Chris!

21. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    #46 THE BEAST 360, Feb 25, 2008
  22. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    black is the king! red is so 80's and yellow is for guys with small c@*ks! that's at least what i always hear the ladies say! :)

23. TokyoF430

TokyoF430 Karting

Feb 9, 2007
    I know you are kidding with the Girls and Gays comment but you better watch your butt, plenty of ***s own Ferrari's and might be waiting for you at the rest stops on a highway somewhere near you!

My wife, hates red cars, I would buy a red Ferrari - its very classic - especially with the tan interior. I have had 1 dark blue and 2 black cars one after another, I think I will get something a bit different next time maybe silver with bordeaux - again very classic too. Screw the resale.

24. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Its a Ferrari no matter what you color it. It will stand out no matter what. Red or yellow will grab your attention a tad faster than Silverstone or black, but the millisecond someone notices its a Ferrari, the attention will be the same. So, my advice is get the color you like the best. I think its purely a personal preference.

best regards,
    Jerry

25. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Absolutely! The "gays and girls" comment was stupid. I don't think any of us buy Ferraris to impress the likes of him, whether he was kidding or not. Ferraris are gorgeous in any color, and I'd never put someone else down for the color s/he chose. It's a matter of personal preference, as you said, and opinion. . .And it is my opinion that some models and colors are more attractive than others. Let's see our fellow Ferrari owners' cars and hear their reasons for choosing particular color combinations. We can express our opinions about whether we also like their choices, but when we disagree there's no reflection on the owner.