Tiger Woods | FerrariChat

Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'Sports' started by RacerX_GTO, Feb 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Does he juice?

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Hahahahahaha

3. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Its a good question. I honestly do not think he does, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if he was found to be.

4. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    His body does not fit the mold. I highly doubt it.

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He's pretty athletic, but keep in mind his age. He's not THAT old. Not something out of the ordinary like a 40+ year old still built like crazy and muscles popping in his head as he chews gum ready to bat.

6. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Absolutely no way......
    I would bet the farm on it.........

7. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  8. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Stewart Cink has become more of a choker than Davis Love and Sergio Garcia combined! He has gone downhill ever since he 3-putted from 5 feet to give away that US Open!

Just pathetic.

9. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    Ask his wife

10. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    No. No way. He has WAY too much to lose. And he doesn't need it! He doesn't drive the farthest (he did at one point, but not anymore). He's just good. No, Great. Freaking excellent. He's just a remarkable all-around player, and an even better clutch player. You just cannot count him out. Not unless you run over him with a golf cart or pull a Tanya Harding on him. I think he will break every single golf record there is. Period. He is, without a doubt, the best ever. Ben Hogan's record 84 (I think it's 84) PGA wins WILL fall to Tiger. Barring some major accident, it's just a matter of time. There is absolutely NO reason he would need to juice. None.

11. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007

You saw the lead he pulled today? Must be steroids. I think they need to have some Congressional hearings. Get Fuzzy Zeller to testify against him and show the syringes and bloodly cotton swabs he saved from the 1997 Tour.

But then again, after seeing the video comparing him from 1997, Tiger is packing on a Tiger sized gut. His wife needs to quit feeding him so much carbs.

12. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Heck, I can play golf like Tiger Woods. Didn't he get a triple bogie once? ;)

13. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Sam Snead 82

Jack 70 ish

Hogan 64

Woods 63

Arnie 62

Nelson 52

Phil is closest active (not counting Watson SPGA) w/ 33

Singh 31

14. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    What was his stroke score. Was it posted anywhere for fun? 51 birdies out of 107 holes. Unreal.

15. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Thanks for the correction -- Snead had the 80-something... Got him mixed up with Hogan. Oh well... They're all going to fall to Tiger.

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Johnny Miller made a cool comment today. He said something along the lines of "Tiger has his left blinker on and he's passing by....". :)

17. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Tiger is not on the Juice.

My handicap hovers between 1 & +1. Last year I was ranked #80 in the state of WI. There were 79 guys better than me and 7900+ behind me.... and Tiger Woods is on another planet.

Mark Wilson is a product of WI, and the defending champ at the up comming Honda Classic...he was the best player in our state for 1-2 years and has 1 victory to his name....Tiger Woods (63) is on another planet.

Steve Sticker (WI) has played Ryder Cup (maybe ?), Presidents Cup (for sure), multiple tour winner, ranked as high as #4 in the world at one point...Tiger Woods is on another planet.

I've played numerous rounds w/ Tom Lehman's brother Jim...who in his own right is a great player and failry close in skill to Tom. Tom has won the BO, been the #1 player in the world for a short period of time, tour winner...Tiger Woods is on another planet.

I could go on.....

I don't know if the question was posed about the "juice" because of the "length" of some of Tigers shots during this tourney or his ablility to win.....?

IMO, they are vastly different questions.

As to distance.

1. People don't realise that Tuscon is +2500' in elevation. The ball travles farther at elvevation than it does at SL. That can relate to as much as 10% extra carry. As such if @ SL you can carry the ball 300 yards in the air, you can carry 330 in the air at elevation. +2500' is probably more like 5%, but it's still significant.

2. Tour course conditions are vasty different than the local muni or even a high level CC. The fairways are firm/fast adn full of roll...

3. Todays tour pros are so fine tunned it's unreal. They have equipment maxed out for.....launch angle, head speed, ball speed (different), compression of their ball of choice....it's like fine tunning an F-1 car. There is no way Joe Blow (even myself) can walk into a shop and get anywhere near the optimised equipment for his/her game (and I work a side job fitting/repairing clubs just so I can get my equipment at cost).

4. Juice does not equal distance. There are a couple guys I play w/ regularly that I would consider "Tiger/Daly/Watson/Love/etc" long. Most are hockey players who have nothing but brute wrist/forearm strength and the other is a 5'-9" string bean who does it w/ leverage and arc. If you attached a 2lb weight to a 4" rope, swung it around in a circle and whacked me in the arm....it would hurt. If you took that same 2lb wieght and swung it on a 10' rope it would kill me at impact...arc=speed. To create arc/torque you need a combination of strength and flexibility. As little as I know about Juice, juice is for building muscle mass...muscle mass is not regularly related to flexibility. Tiger is the optimal balance between strength and flexibility.

As to winning

Tiger is simply one of those great athletes who combines physical talent w/ the ability to focus, w/ the desire not to lose..... He's a Montana, Jordan, Ali, Ruth...take your pick...but simply enjoy the opportunity to see it first hand while you can.

And I'm not a Tiger fan.

18. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Why not?

19. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

What NO LOVE for Jerry Kelly?

20. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    What? Tiger was a pretty scrawny kid (20) when he turned pro over ten years ago, but I'd be hard pressed to find anyone on tour who is in better shape now. "Moobs" Mickelson isn't exactly a paradigm of physical fitness.

21. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ....and what of Rory, his belt buckles and mall bound wife? :):)

22. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

Just a heads up.

I was playing at Glenmoor CC last year in Canton Ohio.............its the place where Tiger stays when he plays at the Firestone Country Club in Akron Oh (World Series of Golf).

I had a 7:00 am tee time. so I arrived at 6:00 for breakfast, warm up etc etc.
    When I pulled in at 5 minutes to 6:00 I notice a guy running at full tilt down the fairway that was adjacent to the Club House driveway. He looked like a spaceman.......due to the large backpack type thing he was wearing.....

As I got closer, or should I say he got closer to me I recognized him as Tiger Woods......he acknowledged me and said "Morning" and then went on with his business.
    When I got to the valet I metioned that Tiger Woods was out running up and down the fairways.......the valet then told me that Tiger had a 4:30 am wake up call and wanted 50 lbs. of weights from the weight room.

Tiger had been up running/jogging with 50 lbs of weights strapped to his back since 5:00 am.

23. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Wow!

Like him or not... you have GOT to respect him.

24. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ

+1

25. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #25 CMY, Feb 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017