What sports exhaust for my 355? | FerrariChat

What sports exhaust for my 355?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by houtie123, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've been trawling the blogs regarding what sports system to fit to my 97R Spider. Capristo seemed a good place to start, but I've read that their quality went right down the pan around 4-5 years ago, with systems rusting, brackets breaking etc. Anyone else got an experience of them - they were standard fit to the end of line Fioranos and Verdi are selling them again. But they look steep at £1900 plus VAT.
    I've been told Larini is excellent, as is TUBI. Larini are UK made -anyone got one fitted? Are these systems one size fits all or do they grade the exhausts to Level 1,2 & 3 like Capristo? (1= enhanced, 2= meaty, 3 = track) Does anyone have any advice - it seems all the iundependent dealers have their own favourite.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    capristo- quality probs have been sorted and their wrrnnttee's good if you get a duff one

3. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Have a chat with KHPC. I believe you can try before you buy. They will fit to your car and if you are not 100% happy they will replace with your original free of charge.

4. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
    I had a capristo on my old 355 and i have no complaints at all. the sound was divine and the quality great.

5. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    It has to be a Capristo. i have one on my car and the sound is amazing! If you are in London give me a shout and I will take you for a spin in mine.

6. Hazy

Hazy F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 12, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Adam
  7. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
  8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Capristo.... or if you can get one an ITO. Ive not heard anything else that can touch either of these. Tubi is probably third, it you prefer a less high-pitched sound.

9. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
  10. ChrisPM

ChrisPM Karting

May 29, 2007
    Now heard a Capristo on a 355 and it sounds amazing! Absolutely no contest.

11. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Seems like Capristo gets the vote. Verdi tell me there's Level 1,2, and 3 (all same price). What level do you need to give that amazing sound. Will a Level 1 do the business. Is a Level 3 track only and not road legal??

12. ksim

ksim Karting

Feb 20, 2006
    West London
    Full Name:
    Kwang
    Was at verdi, heard capristo and tubi side by side and sat in the cars. Bought a Capristo, no contest, higher pitch and louder and 'rawer'. Tubi can be boomy at low revs/ idle, gives me a bit of a throbbing head but the boominess disappears once you depress trottle..

13. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

Not sure on the legal perspective, but there are several people on here (in the UK) with 3's that use them on the road. Without CATs its something mental like over 120db at full chat

14. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
    level 1 in my opinion is loud enough, it screams when you want it to, but you can still hear yourself think. I am sure verdi has one you could hear.

15. user2006

user2006 Karting

Jun 29, 2006
    One more thing with the Capristo is, that Tony Capristo did spend a lot of time to optimize the system. He has now a exhaust for the 355 with two Bypass-flaps to avoid the manifolds cracking forever.

I had some phone conversation with him, at the moment I am thinking of changing my "Fuchs Export S" to a Capristo system. Advantage is, that I have just to drive to him and he will install the system while I can wait.

16. jarthur05

jarthur05 Karting

Mar 22, 2006
    Wiltshire, England
    Full Name:
    John A