(Hou)Cruise to Pappas | FerrariChat

(Hou)Cruise to Pappas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by MobileJay, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    I was thinking about getting a cruise together to Pappas on the lake in Conroe. All the back roads there are awesome. I was thinking of doing it sometime in late March, the first weekend is too early, the middle two weekends are Formula 1 GP's, so the last weekend. What do you guys think? Meet up somewhere in the morning(maybe 290 and 1960 at the Chevron) and then head out to Pappas, grab some lunch, drink some drinks, hang out and enjoy the weather...hopefully.

I can't figure out how to post a map with directions so I'll just write them down. This is all through the back roads, if you haven't ever gone this way you are missing out.
    290 to Cypress Rosehill turn right
    Go down to 2920 and turn right
    Go to 249 and turn left
    Go to Pinehurst (149) and take a right
    Go to 1488 and take a right
    Go to Honea-Old Egypt Rd and take a left. This road Y's twice, just stay left.
    Go to 2854 and take a right
    Go to McCaleb Rd and take a left
    Go to 105, coss over 105 to Pappas on the lake

I think its almost 47 miles from the Chevron at 290 and Hwy 6(1960)
    If the weather is bad then we could reschedule for the first weekend in May

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm supposedly going on vacation somewhere around that time, but my friends are so worthless on making plans who knows when it will actually happen.

I'm in. Sign me up!

Let's make this the largest get together ever! 20+ cars

3. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    I just spoke with Pappas and they said that they can't get reserved parking but they said they had a corvette club there yesterday and they parked along the fence line. He said that theres no problem doing that and there were about 32 cars parked there with no problems. They don't open till 11am on sat(12 on sund). He also said they do not get really busy when they first open. If we leave around 10am we should be there around 11 with no parking issues.

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bump...for a good idea.