Adams shocking story | FerrariChat

Adams shocking story

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msgsobe, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
  2. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #2 Murph, Feb 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Doesn't Koni rebuild shocks for customers?
    Rgds,
    Vince

4. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Yes, my local Koni dealer says that the TR shocks are a beautiful 3 stage shocker that can easily be rebuilt back to factory spec for a pittance$.

For my use they recomended a tarmac rallye type setting approx 15 - 20% greater than factory mid setting, due to the 'spirited' nature of my driving and the crap roads here in Australia.

Nothing worse than being put off line in mid corner due to a 'pothole' or corrugation, hence the recomendation for a harsher setting.

5. CMT

CMT Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2006
    East Mesa, AZ
    Full Name:
    Tony T.
    Probably the most well written ad I have ever read.

Why can't they all be like this?

TT

6. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    It was a great ad, but I wonder why he didn't throw the new ones out or return them and have the old ones rebuilt? It is a very common procedure to rebuild and revalve shocks to make them as good or better than new.

After using Delta Vee for my 355 shocks, and having such great customer service, I will most definitely send my original TR shocks there for a rebuild without even bothering to price new replacements.

7. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Because I'm a goob. I ordered in 'good faith'; had those shocks sent to my technician who dutifully went to work installing the new shocks. My fault for the miscue, but once they were on there... well, that was kinda it.

I shall quote your comment to everyone I ever speak to about marketing for the rest of my life, possibly longer. Thank you very much.

Going for that "broad audience appeal". We'll see how many cricket lovers bid!

Thanks my man. First, throw away your sorry shocks. Second, bid double what you think mine are worth. Third, everyone's happy! Moral: Everyone's shocks need a story. Yours have none. Get rid of them.

Honestly, I wish my new shocks had the rubber sleeves, but hey - NO MORE CLICKING! Plus, my car is now faster and I think my air conditioner is colder too.

Thanks all. Remember - bid early, bid often. ADVANCED STRATEGY: Drink while bidding.

8. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That ad was so well written I almost bid on them and I don't have a Boxer. :)

9. Organiser

Organiser Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    West Midlands UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Haynes
    So did I, and I have a complete set of new old stock Boxer Koni`s to sell (LOL)..!! ;)

Regards,
    Phil.

10. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Thanks Sparta. WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY! Buy them and INSIST to your significant other that you've GOT TO BUY THE CAR THAT GOES WITH THEM! I mean, if you don't, you'd have WASTED all that money on used shocks! Go for it man - before you come to your senses!

She'd make you add a wing to the house to go with a painting; what's the difference? You sir, are 6 used shocks away from Boxer nirvana.

11. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William

Adams, you are too much. Love the application of "female" logic.

On a serious note, I don't understand why you don't keep the originals in case you sell the car. I would think all the OEM stuff, whether on the car or not, helps resale more than what you would make by selling them. An extra box or two can't take up that much room! Curious as to your thoughts.

Great ad though!
    William

12. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    He's a Pantera owner... He's going to modify the hell out of it:D

Adams, you need to contact these guys: http://www.racedeck.com/

13. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    #13 wlanast, Feb 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Adams, you are too much. Love the application of "female" logic.

On a serious note, I don't understand why you don't keep the originals in case you sell the car. I would think all the OEM stuff, whether on the car or not, helps resale more than what you would make by selling them. An extra box or two can't take up that much room! Curious as to your thoughts.

Great ad though!
    William

(with attachments this time)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    You're blowing my cover! I may have my entire car chromed. Then I can get it on "Ultimate SuperCars Exposed!" on SleazeChannel! LIKE AWESOME DUDE!

As far as the garage flooring; I'm embarrassed! At first I thought, "Why is Murph bursting my personal chops over modding, then giving me a link to install cushy decorative things on my garage floor?" Oh. My floor. It is in need. My mission is to sell my shocks and buy 3 squares of RaceDeck... 4 if you'll put your bid in!

Not to sound defeatist, but I'm not thinking those shocks will add or subtract greatly from the car's future value (comments on "shock value" anyone? Think of the opportunity!)

If you could see the storage of stuff I have already - wow. Eight or so Pantera wheels, exhaust manifolds, valve covers, a zillion bits from the Boxer's major, major service, and well only about HALF the crap some of you probably have, but my garage space is at a premium. So, that's my excuse. Figured somebody with more space, more sense, and a more urgent need could score. And finally -

Why did you attach photos of your spare tire with a watch band on it?