Ferrari Dealers vs Independents | FerrariChat

Ferrari Dealers vs Independents

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by POS0513, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. POS0513

POS0513 Rookie

Feb 12, 2006
    Topsfield, Edgartown
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've been looking at 360s and have found a couple of promising cars. Some are offered by Ferrari dealers and others by independent dealers. Some of the cars at the independents are low mile, well optioned cars that seem to be in great condition. The review of CarFaxes of them do not uncover any issues. My question is why do these cars end up at the independents vs. Ferrari dealers? Do cars that have 2 or more owners indicate problem vehicles? One of the cars I'm serious about is at Marshall Goldmans. Does anyone have experience with this company. Are there any dealers/independents that have poor reputations?

Thanks for the help

2. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    People trade in their Ferraris to get different cars. If that dealer is carrying their new car, it's a lot easier than going and trying to sell it to a Ferrari dealership.

Who needs the hassle?

3. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Paul, in our case the Ferrari dealer was $185k over sticker on the car he wanted..we are only $75k over sticker so he trade the 360 to us...

Now about independents dealers reps..I look at like this..if you are doing business on a open public forum you have nothing to hide..if you sell a questionable car you are going to be called out on the spot! If the dealer is vocal enough in public to stand out the skeltons have to be cleared out!

My experince is if a customer comes to me, and they want a full PPI in writing with ALL serivce records ready to fax to them, and they want to pay super low $$$ then I am not the right dealer for them!! I do not just sell cars to sell a car, I sell them to build my online and Fchat rep. That means that I put pedigree over the sale...I would much rather sell a good car at a loss that could be talked about on this forum in a postive way, then make big $$$ on a bad car with no records and just the "dealers" good word...just do a quick search here at fchat for Premier Motorcars of SF or on me and will see that when we say that we have the best 360 we are not just saying it..we mean it!

http://premier-motorcars.com/about.aspx

4. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    One of the best in the business is Sport Auto, and it is an independent when it comes to Ferrari.

5. modmaki

modmaki Formula 3

Sep 11, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Full Name:
    Mo Makki
    vintage=independent...new=dealer...my take on it

6. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

agree.

7. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Every car will speak for itself. Dealers will accept cars with history and issues. So will independents. So, it really doesn't matter whether a car is for sale at a dealer or at an independent, because a thorough check of the car (test drive, close examination of paint, interior, records, etc..) by you in person will tell you everything you need to know.

And you have FerrariChat (search function :) )to check the history & reputation of a dealer or independent!! Can't beat that :cool: !!