430 CCB's vs regular brakes - Braking distances | FerrariChat

430 CCB's vs regular brakes - Braking distances

Discussion in '360/430' started by Pransingh Horse, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pransingh Horse

Pransingh Horse Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    With Ferrari making CCB's standard on all 08 and newer F's - I was wondering if the actual braking distance is reduced with CCB's by virtue of the type of brake they are.(i.e large size, bigger calipers, etc).

Has anyone seen any back to back tests on 430's with and without CCB's as far as braking distances go?--and is there a difference?

I understand the fade issue after heavy track use on regular brakes, but in regular driving and even light tracking, will one see quicker stopping and shorter stopping distances?

If they do stop quicker, is this ALL attributable to less weight?

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    There is not going to be any measurable stopping distance difference, at least for the first 8 or 10 stops before the any fade sets in. The steel brakes develop enough clamping power to bring the tires to their traction limits (where ABS kicks in), and that is maximum braking. When the steel brakes start to fade and CCB are still going strong, you will see a big advantage for CCB. And of course they are lighter and have better feel.

Gary

3. FJerry

FJerry Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2004
    United States
    Yes- less unsprung weight is a good advantage all around- will give a little improvement in steering feel too.

best regards,
    Jerry