Supercars Exposed Worst Crap Ever | FerrariChat

Supercars Exposed Worst Crap Ever

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rcraig, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Well Speed has succeeded in destroying what could have been a descent show. Supercar exposed is the biggest piece of garbage on. Loser stars, really sleezy skanky women and instead of great sportscars we get info about how the AMG 65 can be used to go to the grocery store. The format and manerisms look as if the producers were the same ones that do the NOPI tuner shows. Sorry, all you that like this stuff, but this is not my idea of great TV. The sadest thing is that I switched to this garbage immediately after the first new Top Gear of the year where they take a Porsche GT3 RS, Lambo Superleggera and Aston Martin race car and drive across Europe finding the best road in the world. Unbelievable!!!. These guys really love and appreciate great cars like I do . The Speed show is for a bunch of 19 year olds that want to see drifting and bikini contests. I don't want to offend anyone that is into that, but there are lots of shows like that already, and I was hoping that there would finally be a real show that didn't insult me that was about the cars I love . BTW, don't let your wives see you watch it, as it's about as insulting to women as it could possibly be.

2. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Gotta agree, that show is rubbish.

3. Bavarian Motorist

Bavarian Motorist Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2007
    Westchester/NYC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What channel is Top Gear on?

I'm watching Supercars Exposed and it sucks like the first one did :p

4. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    Top Gear is on BBC America. In my area it is Comcast 114, but probably different in every area.

5. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Top Gear was great tonight. Lambo vs Ason vs Porsche GT3R. Then I switched to Speed...

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Funny, I watched the first minute of "Supercars," until they showed the girl and the stupid slap and tickle conversation between her and the "host" - then I changed channels.

7. NYCSpotter

NYCSpotter Formula 3

May 28, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Damian
    +1.

8. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Top Gear was great this evening, I have to agree with SuperCrap exposed though (huh, huh, this car is wicked fast Beavis and we can score with hot chicks....) I did not think it would be possible to screw up a show with great cars like the F430, 911 Turbo and Elise with the likes of Townend Bell, but then I forgot that Speed has given us such gems as Pinks, Unique Crap, all Nascar all the time, etc. Lord I miss Speedvision, but alas it is long gone and dead. The only that keep me watching Speed is Hobbs, Matchett and Varsha for the F1 broadcasts (they do a great job in my opinion) and the rare Victory by Design show.

9. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger

I wasn't so fortunate.

10. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    No, honestly this one sucked more...

11. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    But a naked James May? (Hilarious)

12. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anybody watch PINKS?

13. ferrariredered

ferrariredered Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Alb. New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I thought the first episode was sort of good with the F430, Porsche ect..., But the second episode with the MB just screwed it up. They take a brand new mercedes and drive the you know what out of it! I don't think that is good for the Mercedes right off the showroom! If they performed like Top Gear then that show would be great, But i think i will stick to Top Gear from now on.

14. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    Who approves these shows? Pinks, Supercars, lawnmower races....
    A total waste of a network that could be a great source of all
    things automotive. F1 season is around the corner, not one preseason
    show. Nascar has had thiers. I know, I know, theyr'e popular now,but
    still! Aside from Car Crazy and My Classic Car, not much there.
    You'd think they would have tried to do something with Jay Leno
    similar to his website. I'll stick with Top Gear, the best automotive
    show out there. Although Fifth Gear is very good too but can't find the
    show anymore on Dish Network. Don't even know if it's carried
    in the U.S. at all.

15. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I guess that Top Gear was the first time it aired on BBC America? I had seen that episode sometime back on the net at my friends house. But yes, badass episode.

I don't get Speed, and the way it sounds I'm glad. Especially with non-stop Nascar.

16. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I watch Top Gear all the time on BBC America, it is not new there.

And it really is the best car show out there. My wife even likes it, and she doesn't like cars.

17. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Pinks is one of the dumbest shows I have ever seen.

Honestly, I don't know how anybody survives without TiVo or equivalent. I never watch live TV.

18. Rev.ATARI

Rev.ATARI Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2004
    Guam USA
    Full Name:
    Leland Jones
    Is it me or does the host of Pinks seem like Mr. Cleans gay little brother?

19. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    The show is not new on BBC America, but the season is. They are airing season 10, which aired last fall/winter in the UK, but hasn't aired in the US until now.

Next week is a pretty good episode too... here's a preview...

Click

20. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    I am at a complete loss when it comes to Speed. Seems to me that there is such an opportunity to offer true enthusiast styled shows with the multitude of auto related venues from around the world, whether from a builder/manufacturer angle or from a racing standpoint without resulting to what must be 6 hours of pinks, 3 hours of monster mash trucks jumping over a pinto (previously raced on pinks!) while airing Victory by Design at 3:00 a.m. Absolute waste of air time. I had rather they just display the test pattern and call it a day.

21. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    I understand the frustration but the simple fact is that Speed is like any other TV network in an open market. They show what gets ratings and sells ad space. Like it or not the brainless, beer-swilling Nascar/Pinks/NOPI/Monster Jam fans are more numerous than the intelligent viewer. Speed is a business, and Victory By Design ended up costing them money with little return. The ratings for the three newest VBD shows (Corvette, Ford Muscle and Grand Prix Greats) were dismal to say the least. So don't blame Speed, they are simply doing what they are supposed to be doing, catering to those who actually watch, and buy the products of their advertisers, you know, bigger-dick pills and The Tornado (improves milage by up to 40%!).

22. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I was surfing for things to record and saw that Supercars Exposed was playing on Speed at that very moment!
    Reading this show's title provoked an immediate visceral response, in a good way. I quickly clicked to to the show
    and I kid you not.............I watched for LESS than one second.

23. bbshriver

bbshriver Karting

Feb 11, 2008
    Sounds like we should band together and make a new car-network.
    I hear Speedvision used to run footage of old races in their downtime... wish I'd been able to catch that! We didn't start getting it until after "Nascar TV" was the standard fare. I don't mind them having Nascar... it's a motorsport, and a very popular one here in the US... But can't we limit it to coverage of the actual RACE?
    As often as not I actually find better car programs on Spike TV as Speed. Horsepower TV is usually an entertaining block...
    Pinks/unique whips/etc... "Pimp my ride" on MTV wasn't good enough?

I understand wanting to run "the new thing", but to do so at the exclusion of all else is pretty short sighted IMO. I wouldn't mind it if they ran a couple of shows like Unique Whips... I don't have to watch then.. But when it seems like ALL they show is UW, or Nascar I just ignore it. Plus the shows like UW would be much better if they'd focus on the cars not the drama. If i'm watching SPEED TV how does it follow that I want to see some guy crying cause the boss just fired him?? Keep the personal problems backstage, lets see some cars.

I also like the idea of a Jay Leno car-show. He is retiring from Tonight Show soon... maybe he'd do something like that afterwards.... just so long as that chanel doesn't turn into "Jay Leno TV".

Ideally for me car TV would be
    1. Top Gear (as objective car review it's rubbish... as entertainment it's GREAT and they are car nuts)
    2. Racing- Live coverage of the actual event... whatever event is the biggest on a day/times slot cover it. If it's a really major event that is LIVE at a time most people in the US are sleeping (F1, LeMans etc on the other side of the world) do a re-run the following weekend during waking hours. Nascar races are fine... just keep the coverage to the EVENT. we don't need to have live coverage of everything happening for 3 weeks before the race.
    3. "My Classic Car"/horsepower TV/Victory by design type shows. just general automotive interest.
    4. Car&Driver TV or similar- objective new-car review
    5. When none of the above are coming on- reruns of old races. Not just nascar like they do now.. not just F1... just a random selection... we've got over 100 years of racing history... I imagine a good bit of it is documented on film. Lets see some!

Anyone up for bringing back SPEEDVISION? Wonder if FOX still has rights to that name...

24. JohnMinor07

JohnMinor07 Karting

Dec 4, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John M
    I also turned it to Supercars exposed in high hopes of perhaps of something decent. I was sadly mistaken. It was absolute rubbish. Along with the show Pinks and the show with Unique Autosportzz is the leading cause of death in the world. BTW how was the episode of Top Gear new when I have already seen that one? What season is it from?

25. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    I too watched an episode of Supercars exposed, I was hoping to see something really cool. They had a F430, a AWD porshe , and a Lotus Elise. I thought , hey this may be cool, but was sadly disapointed. The road was a bit wet in some of the corners, they had the F430 looking like one of those drifting cars. Obviously they had the traction control off. Then ran it against the AWD porshe. What kinda stupid a$$ed comparison was that? I've seen F430's in the pouring rain on the track doing quite well. Typical Ferrari Bashing. Very sad indeed!

Cheers!