Seat adjustment on 328 | FerrariChat

Seat adjustment on 328

Discussion in '308/328' started by zaki, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zaki

zaki Rookie

Oct 9, 2006
    I went to take a look at 328 over the weekend, and found that the driver's seat doesn't go forward as much as I'd like. I'm 5'4", I like to sit close -- my feet reached the pedals, but not as close as I'd like (with snow on the ground, I didn't get a chance to test drive it though). With the seat all the way forward, the distance was fine, but the first "notch" (where the seat locks into position) was too far back.

Is it easy to have a notch drilled in further up so the seat locks in closer?

The dealer (Peter at Forza) said it was a relatively easy fix, but I don't think he's done it before. Has anyone done this?

I guess the upshot of being so short is that the targa top can fit behind the seat so I can take it with me in case it rains.

Thanks in advance, I've found F-chat to be a wonderful resource, full of passionate experts.

2. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
  3. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    If the 328 is the same as the 308's then there are only 4 bolts that hold the seat in. So I would suggest that all you need to do is unbolt the seats and redrill the seat rail in the front and bolt on an extension to the rear. Use the same floor mounting holes.

4. robbie

robbie F1 Rookie

Aug 26, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    That might work on the front mounting holes but I think you run out of rail when you try it in the rear. Maybe some kind of clip can be fabricated for the rear that bolts in and just holds the rear end of the rails.

5. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    Best thing to do would be to change the location of the rails on the seat attachment. You are limited on changing the mounting holes on the floor or the rails themselves.

6. zaki

zaki Rookie

Oct 9, 2006
    Great, thanks for the responses. Next time I go look at the car I'll take a detailed look at the rails.

7. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Also if the feet reach but not the hands there are the steering wheel spacers from Hills via Ricambi

8. D.Mauro

D.Mauro Formula 3

Jun 18, 2006
    Cumming/ Hlwd Fl
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #8 D.Mauro, Feb 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. PTIFLIPIOU

PTIFLIPIOU Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Philippe Pouilloux
    #9 PTIFLIPIOU, Feb 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What I did on my 308, to allow the wife the pleasure of driving, was the following:

I got steel bars 1 inch wide 1/2 inch thick (sorry I don't remember the length but it is easy to figure out. I drilled two hole in each corresponding to the holes in the mounting brackets and cut the thread to bolt the bracket on, then I cut 2 more holes behind the first ones that where used to fasten these extensions to the car itself!

Now the sit will not go back as far as before but it works for us... the forward most position is good for her, the backward most position is good for me!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login