Chantix | FerrariChat

Chantix

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ramvfin2003, Feb 23, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ramvfin2003

ramvfin2003 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2007
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Well, after smoking a pack a day for over ten years...its is time to give it up. My wife and I have a child on the way and I want to be there for him/her in the future. My goal is to quit smoking, in the process of starting a new business...want to make it successfull and when I achieve those two things, I will reward myself with another fcar. Just sold my 360 spider to fund the business.

Today is the first day I took Chantix. My official quit day is next Saturday....I know its probably in my head, but its almost 1:30pm and I have only smoked 4 cigs, which for me is good. If this is a sign of things to come, this is the miracle pill. Anyone have any experience with it?

Will keep everyone posted as to progress, side effects etc etc....

2. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good luck, what are thinking of replacing the 360 with?

3. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    Have you read up about some of the side-effects of Chantix ? Depression / Mood swings / Nightmares / Suicidal tendencies ????

Indeed, several suicides in the US / UK directly connected to Chantix / Champix ! :mad: Lots of negative press about this in the U.K. :(

I was planning on giving up smoking this year - taking a course myself, but after reading some of this stuff, I'm having second thoughts !

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    No excuses!

5. ramvfin2003

Feb 19, 2007
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Depending on how soon I can get back into an fcar, it will either be a 430 spider or 430 scud :)

6. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    You still stalking me, Darth ?? :D

7. ramvfin2003

Feb 19, 2007
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Paul, thanks for the heads up. My doctor and I (he's also a good friend) have gone over all the side effects. In his practice, he has perscribed Chantix to over 300 people and only 2 stopped due to the side effects, I guess everyones bodies are different. If any of the effects start to really bother me than I will stop...but its only 12 weeks, I think I will be able to deal with them.

As far as suicide and depression, when the truck comes to pick up my fcar and deliver it the new owner, I will stay away from sharp objects...lol

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Trying to encourage you to help yourself. Yesterday was my 16th anniversary without a cigarette so I was trying to pay the encouragement forward....

Sorry.... :rolleyes:

9. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    One of my few remaining pleasures, Darth. Will be loathe to give it up. :(

10. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
  11. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    The hardest part will be if your spouse or you doesn't quit. I quit last year and my spouse didn't. It made it down right miserable.

Chantiix and going at it together and you'll see all withdrawls gone w/in the first week.

12. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    My mom used Chantix successfuly.

13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Please be very very careful while taking this.

I wish people had more will power to fight cravings, but I know they are extremely difficult.

Best of luck. You CAN do it.

14. ramvfin2003

Feb 19, 2007
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Wow, this stuff has really screwed me up today :( Feel like I am gonna hurl and the anxiety is nuts.....dont know if just one pill can have this efffect so quickly!!!

15. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    can make you queezy in the morning first several days especially if you haven't eaten. I'd take it late morning after you've eaten or right before lunch.

16. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY

17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason

18. wrxrob

wrxrob Rookie

Mar 2, 2004
    MD
    no side effects here. I took Chantix for nearly 4 months before I finally quit. Ironically, I ran out of pills 3 days after quitting and didn't do a refill.

I think the side effects are especially rare, and usually blown out of proportion.

19. manta147

manta147 Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    seekonk,mass
    Full Name:
    carter petter
    I'm interested in feedback also.I just made an appoint with my doc today for March 11th so I can get a prescription for Chantix.A guy I work with is on it,no problems at all and he just doesn't want to smoke.Hope it does the same for me.