Anyone in Louisville dying to drive their cars? | FerrariChat

Anyone in Louisville dying to drive their cars?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by silvergts1998, Feb 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Man this weather sucks! Two plus weeks of not driving. Just did another oil change and no where to go. I think I may take out one of my radiators out of the 512TR. It has a very very small leak somewhere. Good thing Ropples has a warranty on their work. Maybe this Sunday the weather should be a bit better and all the salt off the road. Got one of my customers coming up from the south to pick up his super charged Srt-10 Viper....maybe if we get enough interest we can gather together.

2. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    I hear ya. If the weather's good, I may make the drive down from Indy.

3. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I will shortly be doing a fly/drive to Florida and back for a new toy:) I just need to time it around this wonderful weather.

4. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    So what did you get? Selling the Viper?

5. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #5 Doug, Feb 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cut a deal on a vintage Porsche lightweight street/race RSR clone. I am not doing anything with the Viper until this is in my garage.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    Cool!! Any other pictures?

Matt

7. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    #7 Doug, Feb 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Man those are some big pipes! Kind of looks like Herbie the love bug! Can't wait to see it!

9. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    OMG those tail pipes - they're HUGE

Adam - I'm in this weekend, as always.

You got the Lambo up and ready are your bringing my twin?

10. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    The pipes are as close to the original factory RSR size as possible. Also, the owner said that with the Supertrapps, there are screw in baffles. The car can be very loud without them.

11. Looks really cool, I like the interior. What part of Florida are you going to get it?

12. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    The car is in Tampa. The interior is done in Boxster Red. The seats are actually new factory GT3 seats. They are almost $2000 each. Dash, RS door panels and RS carpet are also all brand new. The shifter is made by WEVO and supposedly really precise. Trans is a fresh rebuild and the motor is a 42k mile '89 3.2l. There are lots of trick items on the car.

13. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Going to fly into Tampa Friday to pick it up and then drive to my parents on the Atlantic side for a quick visit and a drive in my father's Murcielago, which I have not seen in person yet. Then I will head back to Louisville on Saturday/Sunday.
    No heat, no AC, no radio and a semi-race suspension:) If I can drive a Pantera 2400 miles in 2 1/2 days, this should be no problem:) Anyone have an old portable CD with some mini speakers I can borrow for some music?

14. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    That is very cool. Just the way a sportscar shoud be! I used to drive around a full cage car with the window net rolled up. I like your style and taste in cars!

Also FYI Webby and gang are talking about a drive on March 16 that may end up down around Madison again so maybe we'll do better at a regional JV drive this season.

15. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    You guys ought to make the cruise down here.

16. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    we've got to save the yanks for the April - thunder weekend cruse to come down.

17. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

What is that?

18. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    last couple of years we've planned our April cruise to coordinate w/ http://www.thunderoverlouisville.org/

Rick/Dan made it down last year. It is a great weekend for a Saturday morning drive and then lots to do afterwards if interested.

19. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.

Ahhhh, so that's what the fireworks were all about. A few years ago I went to central Ky and bought a big block 68 Camaro. While we were pulling it home, the cops closed I-65 at the river. We had perfect front row seats on the interstate for the show, then rolled again when it was over. Mrs SMS was pleased that Louisville is such a friendly town that they would shoot off fireworks just for her because she visited your fine state. At least that was my explanation. Please help me to keep the secret.

20. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Should be nice on Saturday and dry. No salt on the roads.

21. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    So, is it a "go"? If so, when, where?