Pochers | FerrariChat

Pochers

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by tha collector, Feb 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tha collector

tha collector Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    Noordwijk aan Zee
    Full Name:
    David Rene van Dord
    Hi Fellow Fchatters

...ferrari pochers: TR coupe black, TR spider red, and a F40 orginally red but fitted with a orginal black body, the orginal red body on the car was in a unfinished polishing project. With the f40 are also new doorwindows and a metal exhaust.

Discuss.

2. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Sounds great... only you can't post this here - you have to post an ad on FerrariAds.

3. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    what is a "pocher?"

4. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    An expert at boiling the perfect egg...no I think he meant poacher, but was afraid to get mixed up with the game ranger...

5. tha collector

tha collector Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    Noordwijk aan Zee
    Full Name:
    David Rene van Dord
    1/8 Scale models is what pochers are if you're talking about these model they also made 1/20 models. There is no such thing as a poacher

6. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    My collector friend, that was an humble attempt at a little joke with CharlieHorse.

On the poacher - you did not notice my game warden and egg cooker reference? There is indeed such a thing, just not to my knowledge a model car.

Come to think of it, there really is not a Pocher (in the manufacuring sense) anymore either, is there?

7. tha collector

tha collector Karting

Sep 10, 2004
    Noordwijk aan Zee
    Full Name:
    David Rene van Dord
    No they are not making these models anymore, and yess you're right thinking of a poched egg and such i get but i was in a to big of a hurry to notice it.

David

8. James_Woods

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    David, let me ask you a serious question on Pocher models. When I got my full scale '86 Testarossa last year, I began casting about for any and all scale model kits of this car that I could find.

What I have so far is about half a dozen Revelle 1/24 (the Miami Vice), a 1/12 Revelle (which is just like the 1/24 scaled up) and also a Fujimi 1/16.

Naturally, I was looking around for a Pocher; what I was told by local modelers was that it was not worth the money because of the body - thick panels, doors did not fit well, etc. I was kind of put off by this when the local hobby shop guy showed me inside the box of an unbuilt example. He also said the their Porsche 993 model was a disgrace - did not even have an engine. I think he felt like these later models were nothing at all in common with the early Bugatti, Rolls, or Alfa kits.

Do you have any comments?

9. doyler

doyler Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2008
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Colm Doyle
    I have a yellow testarossa and i think its a great model.
    However it all depends on the time and effort thats goes
    into putting it together. I spent 4 days working on it and
    the doors and everything fit perfectly. I also have the
    F40 which was used on a commercial on our national
    television station as they couldnt get their hands on the
    real thing. You can find it on U.Tube under Ferrari and
    Shell adds.

10. P4Replica

P4Replica Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    S.W. England
    Full Name:
    Paul S.
    That must be a pretty low resolution monitor (800x600 ?? or very small window) you are typing in, Colm. :rolleyes:

Hint. Stop hitting the return key at the end of every line. ;)

11. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

As this has morphed into a conversation about the type of model, I've editied out the inappropriate content, but left the thread going.

DM