AMP / Bosch Junior Timer connectors | FerrariChat

AMP / Bosch Junior Timer connectors

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by finnerty, Feb 29, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Anyone know of a retail, small volume source from which to purchase the standard, 2-pin, AMP Junior Timer harness connectors? In particular, I'm looking for colors other than black, as well (blue, brown, grey, etc.) to replace the originals on the 308's OEM engine wire harness. Also need the pins / contacts and rubber boots for these connectors.

Tyco still has all of these items, in all of the various colors, available directly from them ---- but, they have a minimum buy quantity of (500) on everything... so, I can't source these items from there.

Thanks,

2. Jeff Pintler

Jeff Pintler Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2005
    Richland
    Full Name:
    Jeff Pintler
    I have had some luck finding amp connectors, pins and boots from www.eagledayparts.com but they only have black.
    Also, they are a good source for the rubber boot for the testarossa ign. module (near the coils) #ECK-117RB.
    888-889-0019 and they are kinda slow but reliable. Good Luck!

Jeff Pintler
    89 348tb, 86TR

3. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    I used to work for AMP as an Engineer and Product Manager. Want to get these connectors, go to the source, which is calling Tyco/AMP directly. If you know the right people there, you can get these connectors from them for free from the Sample group. No need to go through high cost distributors or high minimum cost dealers.

PM me and I'll check with my friends there to see what I can get you. I'll need an AMP/Tyco P/N.

4. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Thanks so much Michael ----

I'll put together a list of part numbers and send you a PM... sometime next week.

Thanks again.

Cheers