How'd my F40 sound at the Detroit Concourso? | FerrariChat

How'd my F40 sound at the Detroit Concourso?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by carsinxs, Mar 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Hey fellow 'Ganders. Any body remember how my F40 sounded last Sept? There is a thread in Superferrari's talking 'bout the TUBI's. I had a TUBI on my 512TR. Thought it sounded good. Never heard my F40 w/o me drivin' it so hard to be objective as to the sound of the Quicksilver on it. Anyone want to comment +/- over there cool with me. Issac, could you post a pic of it. Still challanged in that arena. Peace Bro's
    Harry

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    It sounded absolutely awesome! You would need to hear the 2 exhausts side by side to hear the difference between the 2 but I can't imagine your car sounding any better than it does.

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    #3 Jerrari, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Thanks Jerry. It is kinda wierd, 'cuz I've never heard it besides while in the cockpit and that never is the same as from other vantage points. I understand the tubi fascination as thier popularity is obviously greater with all F-cars and the system on my 512TR sounded great. Still doesn't mean there isn't different, whether better or not-who knows-all personal taste. I had 8 different mufflers on my ex-928 in 2 weeks time before I got the sound I wanted from that car-big diff in price allowed for that game to be played-I've never heard another car sound the way that '85 w/S4 motor and headers did. INSANE!
    Can't wait for spring and future runs with yourself and the rest of the crew.
    H

5. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    We'll have to get some video with in car perspective, driveby's, and follow-along to get a real good idea how she sounds this spring ;)

Thanks for posting the pictures, Jerry

as far as Exhaust tune... you are very right... each car is different, and Tubi may be the best in some cases, and perhaps not in others...

6. carsinxs

carsinxs Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    On The Fence
    Full Name:
    H
    Issac, can you post pics of my exhaust in the superferrari forum where they're talking about the tubi systems and perhaps your views? Thanks Bro!
    H