355 Driving lights? | FerrariChat

355 Driving lights?

Discussion in '348/355' started by James-NZ, Mar 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    I have noticed in some of the photos of 355's the driving lights are illuminated, on my car (euro version) the driving/spot lights in the front bar only operate as flashers, the intention of flashing these is to warn cars in front that you are approaching so they can move out of your way. I would like to modify my car so I can drive with them on. (It could be that I am stupid and have not found the correct way to turn these on.

Can some one please show me the switch used to turn these on in the US spec cars

2. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    I am not sure if this is what you are asking .....but................I think the first detent on the head light switch will turn these on, keep the headlights off and will also turn on your rear running lights.

3. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    #3 James-NZ, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    those are the 'fog lights' the switch for those is on your console forward of the shifter..... I believe.... :rolleyes:.....

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Not sure if Euro cars are set up like US cars----For mine to come on, I have to turn the headlight switch on in either position and then flip the switch on the console. Just flipping the console switch will not turn them on..

6. Vegas-Guy

Vegas-Guy Formula 3

Nov 25, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Reg
    I can't turn mine off.. Car came from Canada were they always have to be on...

7. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Nope, not on a euro, cheers for your help though.

8. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks mate, I tried that too, but I guess the euro is different, the fog switch only puts the rear fog lights on, not the front ones, might have to see if I can hook them up like in the US cars.

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    rear fog lights???

10. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    Haha, looks like the US spec cars are quite different in this area, the rear lights i am talking about are the inner of the pair, these are very bright (red) and work when the fog light switch is on, these are the only lights that work when this switch is on and the inner lights don't serve any other purpose.
    Is this not the same on the US cars?

11. i_love_cph

i_love_cph Karting

Apr 26, 2007
    MONACO
    It only turns on the rear fog lights. The "Beamers" as they are called in the Euro version are possible to fix so you can turn them on. But you will have to change some wires and adjust the bulb a little bit so you don't blind everyone driving in front of you : )

12. yfc

yfc Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Geneva / Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Hi James,

I confirm that on my euro F355 I can't leave the front fog lights on. I can just flash them.

Christophe.

13. XXXL

XXXL Rookie

Feb 23, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Weng
    I have a UK spec car in HK, which I would have thought would be EURO spec'd. But my lights definitely stay on at the first detent.
    So I had a poke around the other 355's and they do as well.

14. group77racing

group77racing Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Often Imitated
    Full Name:
    Never Duplicated
    Have a look at Eurospares website. They show different types of driving lamps for different countries, also, 2 different front lamp wire harnesses.

15. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Wonder why the difference in countries