gallardo vs 360: which did you choose? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

gallardo vs 360: which did you choose?

Discussion in '360/430' started by stitcher, Mar 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rubino

Rubino Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    Charlotte Area
    Full Name:
    Bob Curtis
    Amazing cold snap in Florida this year, No wonder OJ is so expensive. :)

Great pix...Thanks.

2. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    I know this sounds crazy, BUT when I had my porsche I was looking for any type of events regarding the PCA club in south florida. There were not many, ok not at all. Most of the porsche's are driven here as a daily drivers and there is not a big social group following.

So I decided to get into another car, more of an exotic

I was looking at a Lambo G vs. a 360. The ferrari group is very active and you could do something almost every weekend if you wanted to. NOW I am really going to put my foot in my month. Of course this is a VERY GENERAL STATEMENT, but most of the lambo guys that I have met are extremely cocky. Whereas the ferrari group just seemed to be a little more down to earth. IMO. And I have always wanted a ferrari ever since I could remember.

So to answer your question. Just what are you looking to get out of the car??? If it is performance, I would go with the Lambo. If you want the total experience; I would get the ferrari. One of my business partners has a stable of cars and recently got a orange g-car spider and I drove it. WOW that car is fast fast fast. The ferrari is a great car as well and where in the hell are we really driving these cars. Even if it is on the track, it really is just for fun and you really can not go wrong with either.

Hope this helps.

3. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I owned a gallardo SE for a short period of time. I had to sell it because my back had so many problems as a result of the seats. I know that I am not alone in this. There is not much seat support under the legs and a smaller cabin than the 360 prevented the ability to stretch out a bit. The 360, though maybe not as modern, is easier on my back and it doesn't look half bad. Personally, the styling seems more friendly over the long haul. The Gallardo's wedge styling, though very cool, has the potential to get a little tired after a while. Just my opinion.

4. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    The Gallardo definately has a cool look to it. I drove one, and thought it was quieter. I'm tall, and the interior was more cramped. The 360 felt faster, and was more entertaining to drive, to me. If you have a chance to, definately try and do one of the Gallardo Road Shows if you are serious about a Gallardo.

5. 996TTurbo

996TTurbo Formula 3

Apr 9, 2006
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Couldn't agree more...

I was actually going to get a Gallardo before my GT2, but I was just use to lightweight nimble sports cars. the Gallardo looks great (although getting boring now) and the 360 more graceful. The Gallardo feels HEAVY, in the steering and overall feel/handling but it's poise and balance is just so stable!

IMO the 360 is more of a drivers car, with its nimble feel, higher rev's and overall feel. What would I pick now, living where I do and if I want to drive my car's A LOT? Gallardo!

6. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Very funny....

Funny thing is.... when you live in Florida, you actually spend good money to go see some some snow.

Glad you enjoyed the pics.

7. stitcher

stitcher Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    So Cal
    Those are some of the most stunning photos I've seen. The scenery behind the cars look pretty, too!

8. hamdog

hamdog Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2005
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Hamdog
    Owned an 05 G and a 00 360 at the same time in 06. Still have the 360 but the Gallardo is long gone for a number of reasons. My biggest problem with the Gallardo was that it was a half a$@ German made Merci. It drove and felt more like a German car to me than an Italian.
    The seat are uncofortable on long drives, the driving position sucks in comparison to the 360 b/c of the steeply raked windshiled, bad blind spots, sh$#y e-gear system and .......
    As far as fit and finish, I don't know why people are always raving about the Gallardo. If you've ever spend time washing that car, you'll find how cheaply the panels are put together. Next time you are next to a Gallardo, press softly against any of the body panels and see what you feel and hear.
    As far as reliability, at 800 miles I had the check engine light come on multiple times. It took the dealer 4 times to fiure out the problem. The paint on the inner door jam was cracking at 2000 miles. Had to be repainted. I can go on and on.
    I've always felt Lambo's are driven to please others as Ferrari's are driven to please the driver. Looking at them is awesome, driving them long term is another story.
    Good luck with the decision.

9. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    LOL...I too have a 4 mile drive to work and will likely 'take the long way' to savor the drive!!...on most days.

10. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Awsome pictures!!!!!!...Are high res-available??

11. RC33

RC33 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2005
    Garden City
    Full Name:
    RC33
    +1, thanks for the objective review especially form someone here who actually owns both cars.

12. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #37 Mark(study), Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. alessiogiorgio

alessiogiorgio Karting

Nov 24, 2007
    Italy - Sweden
    Full Name:
    alessio giorgio
    I like to live in the F family and I like the 360 spider. I don't like the shape of Gallardo, and I have a truck day only 1 or 2 times per year. so if Gallardo is more quick is not relevant to me. I follows F formula 1 competitions. Lamborghini doesn ' t offer the same emotions.
    F car are more reliable.
    I prefer 360 !
    ciao
    Alex

14. stitcher

stitcher Karting

Dec 14, 2007
    So Cal
    Thanks guys for the input. I tagged along with my friend who went to a car dealer to get a Flying Spur, and there were several Gallardo's sitting around. (Is it just me or do you guys get sweaty and nervous in these places?) He had been pushing me to get a G-car. I sat it one for the first time today. 2 secs later I realized this car is NOT for me. It felt too clausterphobic - it feels like about 12 inches of height between the top of the dash to the roof, so it's hard to see out the front; and forget about seeing out the back. There's a rear camera mounted for good reason. This car might be OK for an occasional weekend drive, but I would really tire of not being able to see where I'm driving this beast. A friend with a Murcie had advised me consider spyders - well, out of my budget :( BTW, I saw sticker price on new Murcie spyder - $459K!!.

After he was done negotiating for the day we lunched outside on this sunny Sunday afternoon. I saw 2 red and one black 430 spider, a red 430 coupe, a red 360 spider, a red 360 coupe and a black Murcie. Whew!

Decisions decisions decisions ...

15. jbdmd

jbdmd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Doc Jay
    Thanks for the update

I am still not counting out a G Spyder for my "next" car

16. onefastx

onefastx Rookie

Feb 13, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Timohty Handelong
    Now I don't own either, I cannot affors either, but I would always go for the 360. I think it looks better, It is much lighter which will equal better handling and a more controlled feel, and you will not be at the dealer once a week to fix all the problems lambos have. Audi may design an incredible interior, but there electrical systems are bad (almost as bad a jag or an Austin). If you are buying a car solely on the premis of getting women then the lambo is the way to go, but if you want a car you will be able to drive more (less repairs) then buy the Ferrari. I don't mean to offend anyone but I love Ferraris, don't get me wrong the lambo is a beatiful car, but it will never be a Ferrari.

17. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I drove both cars, an 04 360 6 speed, and a new Gallardo spyder with the E-gear. I really like the aggresive look of the Lambo, but the Ferrari is a more lasting design to me, and I felt it drove much better, smoother, with more feedback. So I am going to sell my 348 and try for a 360. I hope I can find the right one in my budget!
    :)
    BT

18. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Given the opinions that have been expressed in favor of both cars, I think we have confirmation that each car definitely has its following. Different strokes for different folks. I'm intrigued by the G but I have also experienced a little bit of the cockiness that RobertM described from G owners, and frankly the elegance of my 360 (which I didn't spec from new, but I would have spec'ed exactly as the original owner did) is a little better suited to how I use the car.

19. bocaspyder360

bocaspyder360 Karting

Jan 18, 2008
    I went with the G... looks more spaceshipish.. future looking... no doubt faster.. handles better.. I like the 360, but it doesnt look as mean.. sometimes a 360 resembles a new vette... the 360 does have more interior room feeling being it doesnt have the raised center ... and for speed bumbs or low driveways.. my G has the front lift system which at times is a life saver... and yes some lambo owners are very much into themselves... but what can u do...

20. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    I had an 04 Gallardo e-gear before my current 360. I enjoy the 360 more. It has more clearance under the front bumper, and has a ton more interior space. Hard to explain, but I just feel as though the 360 handles better... perhaps that's the Ferrari racing heritage I think about in the back of my mind.

Can't go wrong with either choice. I will admit that the G gets more looks, but the 360 isn't too shabby in that department either! Hands down, I think Ferrari owners are in general less full of themselves. I've definitely met more lambo owners who are jerks.

21. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    can you post some pics of your car ??? I am in Boca / Delray all the time.

22. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    In case anyone is interested i just picked up a 2004 Gallado in black with a black and yellow two tone inteior. The car is very clean with a 6speed, exhaust "sounds amazing", new clutch and just serviced by Lambo Beverly Hills. It has 14k miles and soon to be 15k :) cuz im driving it! I will sell it for $115k which is a great buy. I picked it up from a dealer friend who bought the car 4 months ago for 122k and he's been trying to sell it at $129k which is obviously too high. I believe at $115k it should go pretty quick. PM me if your interested.

Alex

23. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    If it's a clean car, that's a good price. You should post it on **********, I'm sure someone would buy it at that price. I sold my 04 e-gear (orange) for $137k in Q4 07.

24. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex

It's a very clean car. I will look into **********. Thank you for the info.
    Alex