slowdown light on 87 testarossa | FerrariChat

slowdown light on 87 testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by junior, Mar 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. junior

junior Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Merced, CA
    Full Name:
    Junior Aguilar
    Hi,

My slow down 7-12cly was coming on and off for a while and then mostly on, even first starting in the morning. The car runs good, but always idle up and down and dies often.
    I have pre-cats and testpipes with no mufflers. I disconnected the connection from the thermocouple to the ballast (right side) so that the light for the slow down will not come on,
    the car runs very good, no funny idle, and it never dies not even a single time driving it for 6 hours in the back road/freeway stop and go situations. Just want to share this
    experience. thanks for any inputs.

Jr

ps. I did remove the side strakes, but I think I will put it back. It looks good (modern look), but it's missing the classic lines testarossa was known for (except going full KOENIG body update).
    plus the wifes likes it original looks. You can see my car in the Northern California section ( Bodega drives).

2. gtbastian

gtbastian Rookie

Jan 6, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    Tom Bastian
    Glad to hear someone else tried the strakeless look. BTW - How many wives are there? :)

I'm sticking with the clean look for the time being.

Tom

3. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    As I recall, the TR Slow Down thermocouple is not tied into any of the car's engine control systems. The before/after difference in driveability may have been coincidence.

If you have intermitttant driveability problems, it may be hazardous to remove the TC & warning light system.

Don't burn it down!

Good luck,
    Vince