Happenings around april 15-28? | FerrariChat

Happenings around april 15-28?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by cscott67, Mar 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cscott67

cscott67 Formula Junior

May 13, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hello all S. Florida Tifosi. I will be coming down with the wife for a couple of weeks in mid-april. We are staying in the Ft. Lauderdale area and will be bringing the 348 spyder. (Thanks again to Martin for his advice last year on the 1st Ferrari purchase) I am looking forward to meeting you guys and going on some outings if anything is going on. I went to Nova about ten years ago and know the area pretty well. Please respond or send a private message. I am also interested at looking at a few 360s as that will be the next step, Scott

2. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Scott:
    April 19-20 is NASA weekend in Homestead. Two races per day.
    April 26-27 is PBOC weekend in Homestead. One race each day.
    I will be doing both.

3. jeff512tr

jeff512tr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    Celebration, FL
    Wow you have perfect timing!
    One of the largest annual events takes place April 18-20 near Disney in Orlando (about 2-3 hour drive from Ft. Lauderdale depending how fast you drive...)
    Check out www.celebrationexoticcars.com
    Friday Jet Reception, Saturday concours, Saturday night party with the Little River Band, and Sunday Rally, all to benefit Make-A-Wish.
    The concours will have 230 exotic cars, typically about half Ferraris, the balance everything else exotic including Bugatti, Spyker, McLaren, Lamborghini, etc. Plenty of 360's of every variety to see, all in one place!
    Bring the 348, register for the event and have a great time!
    Hope to see you there
    Jeff

4. cscott67

cscott67 Formula Junior

May 13, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have to do doctor stuff/CE on the weekend of the 19/20 in miami. So sorry I won't get a chance to see you race Martin. Keep it coming and thanks for the invites, Scott

5. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    We have yet to schedule our annual BBQ at our house. We have had about 30 cars the past few years. It is free to attend, just need to be on the list for our guardhouse. We normally schedule on the KY Derby day which would be May 3, but a few people always seem to have conflicts with that so we might move it up to The weekend before (April 26 or 27). Keep an eye on the FL section for an announcement. Good food and a relaxed atmoshpere is the theme. The significant others generally enjoy it (unlike many track days).
    :)
    BT

6. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    The Celebration show is not to be missed! Definitely check it out. I will be coordinating a lunch for the show at some point. :)

7. RoadRacer

RoadRacer Formula Junior

May 7, 2006
    SoCal / SoFla
    Full Name:
    Griff W
    I can attest to the fact that BT's BBQ is not one to be missed either!!! :D

8. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    BT's BBQ is one of the top social events in south Florida. Right up there with South Beach Food and Wine Festival. The items that BT's wife prepares are incredible.

9. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    did anybody say BBQ ????

darn...not the PBOC weekend. I have a rental in Homestead. Too far to drive from ribs :)

10. cscott67

cscott67 Formula Junior

May 13, 2007
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'll keep checking back, Scott

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I have just placed a deposit yesterday for a new project car that should be delivered in about 7 weeks. Hopefully in time for the Q!!!
    It is super cool, but my opinion of what is 'cool' may not be mainstream.
    :D
    BT

12. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy

Wow! Thanks Ron and Griff. I thought maybe people were getting tired of schlepping up to PBG for a snack ;) and show deal. We throw two parties per year, and try to make it a fun and worthwhile day for our guests... If anyone has suggestions for a date to have the Q send me a PM.
    :)
    BT

13. RoadRacer

RoadRacer Formula Junior

May 7, 2006
    SoCal / SoFla
    Full Name:
    Griff W
    I actually prefer the May 3rd date myself, but whatever works best for the majority is OK by me.

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Are you kiddin', your two parties are the best. When I move down to Brickell you are invited and I will cook for you. I will cook Costco rotisserie chicken, Publix veggie tray, and likely Taco Bell burritos. I will say "opa" every once in while so you can feel the Greek atmosphere with the food.

Oh, yes, there will be ouzo.