Best LUXURY car ever? | FerrariChat

Best LUXURY car ever?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by mushtandroid, Mar 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mushtandroid

mushtandroid Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    Your opinions? What is it? Rolls Royce Phantom? New Maybach?
    In my opinion there is one-the best and the first. Mercedes W140 . In Russia still many people have this car though can easily buy Phantom extended.

Some people love W126 Long. Recently Moscow embassy SAR have ordered new W126s in cost 300.000 euro each.
    Please your opinions with photos!

sweet... http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3204/pic010907161911zg8.jpg
    http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1042/pic010907161911xx8.jpg

P.S. Still rather expensive car - 159k$ ,B6
    And some time ago in Moscow S600L B6 7.3L AMG was sold for 190k$
    http://cars.auto.ru/cars/used/sale/761660.html

2. FerrariWA

FerrariWA Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2004
    Seattle/London
    Full Name:
    Thomas Summerfield
    RR Phantom....there is no equal, every other car comes in third place to that.

3. mushtandroid

mushtandroid Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    Yes, phantom is great car, but there is a lot of them now. On road every 1 minute see phantoms/maybachs/arnages...

4. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  5. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
  6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    EVER?

Duesenberg.

7. mushtandroid

mushtandroid Karting

Jan 8, 2008
  8. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    +1 Maybach is amazing.

9. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    +1

Honestly, it doesnt have the newest of technology. But at the time, it was 1000 times more luxurious then any Mercedes.

10. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Where do you live?

11. mushtandroid

mushtandroid Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    Moscow. Very much Phantoms, maybach. Most popular cars of Middle wealth class now is Continental GT ,Cayenne and mercedes S-classe w221 . In Russia cars in 1.5-2x more expensive than in U.S. . I have bought mercedes S65 for 400k$ . Interesting how much this car cost in U.S. ?
    I hear that in U.S. Maybach cost about 350-400k$ . It's true??? If yes that is not surprising me that drive them each black basketball player from bronx :D In Russia maybach 62 - 900k$ , like little apartments in center of moscow :D

12. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Greatest ever is probably the W100 MB, the big 600 from the 60s.

This car still has an amazing presence on the road (especially in black with blacked out windows). Keeping one running can be expensive though...

13. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Okey you were doing fine but now I want to see pictures of your S65! Now. Otherwise you're a troll to me.

And how big is your middle class anyway? Continental GT and so on, I find it hard to believe. I doubt your statement about Phantom as well, it's pretty limited how many Phantoms Rolls roll out every year and my guess would be half heading to US and the other half spread to Middle East and big European nations. I think the production is around 1000 Phantom's? Are you sure you don't just live nearby someone with a Phantom and you watch him every time he leaves from work/ comes home? I do see a yellow Koenigsegg CCX every third or fourth day, doesn't mean that they are too boring or too many around LOL

The poverty is heavy in Russia so if what you say is correct, the class difference in huge in your country. Look at what you say about a small apartment in center Moscow, holy crap... Pretty stiff prices. On the other hand, high property prices at one concentrated area often result in high amount of luxury cars, so that could make scence.

I don't have much experience with those big luxury cars but if I was given choice of any car, the ultimate status symbol is the Phantom. Phantom in your garage = You have made it!

In real life, I would most likely get a Audi A8 (generation D3) with a V8 turbodiesel (go on a 400 miles trip without filling the tank, it does cornering great, quattro is superb during snowy conditions, Bang & Olufsen stereo is pretty good, huge boot space (probably bigger than all SUV's), adjustable everything, weighs much less than the competetion and the build quality beats S-class and 7-series by some - also a quite good statement without being flashy - I like that) & I would black it out and put on S8 brakes. Voila. Who needs a train anyway.

14. mushtandroid

mushtandroid Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    What your business about my cars???!? May be for scandinavia Mercedes S65 it something outstanding. But in Moscow mercedes S-class ,conti GT and cayenne - must have for middle class people.
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137494071&postcount=88

Very ridiculously. The purpose in a life - phantom? Phantom cost as 40-50 m2 apartments in the center of Moscow.
    In Moscow there are pair apartments in cost about billion of rubles = 41mln $, You really think that guys who have such money for apartments will suspect about cars? In Moscow live one old man with a wealth about 300-400mln $ - he drive 10k$-Lada and behind him two suvs with fighters.
    Phantom is far not all in a life. Phantom is a destiny of black basketball players. Real success is an authority from which head goes around. And there is not important what car you have- phantom or volga.

15. mushtandroid

mushtandroid Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    In Moscow lives about 200.000 people with wealth more 1mln$ . It's officially(!) . In fact much more.

16. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    Love the steering wheel on your S...

Never said it was the purpose in life (the purpose in my life i Zonda F Clubsport) - you said it. Good for you a Phantom isn't considered something high end.

17. mushtandroid

mushtandroid Karting

Jan 8, 2008
    Phantom is really hi end in car world!! But any car can not be purpose in life.
    Mercedes W140 style best ever.
    insearchofdrivingnirvana
    What about I speak . Rare video, look at the car http://youtube.com/watch?v=oPFhnGkX7E8

18. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

I don't get your point. I didn't understand the video either, most of what I saw was Lada looking cars :D

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  20. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Well, indeed, europe (or even the US to a lesser extent) spent zillions on their infrastucture, meaning you don't have cars driving on destroyed roads or parked in barns that would make you look poor even in Irak, and the same amount was spent on the income of real middle class (teachers, nurses etc, not BS middle class of a moudaiop ;) whose money -just maybe- grew faster than his brain), meaning you usually don't have to drive around with 3 security cars in armored vehicles, and you usually don't have to fear for your life (but then again, most people having that fear in russia have good reasons to) unless you drive too fast on a B road.

21. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    I feel very sorry for someone who comes on an internet chat board and misrepresent their level of wealth to the upside. Downplaying for the wealthy I understand, but the opposite is just sad.

I did a quick search for real estate in Moscow, and in the center of the city prices are Manhatten-type prices, $2M for a closet. But drive 5 km and that $2M actually buys a real house, it seems that unlike NYC it is not nearly as spread out. People still choose to live in Manhatten and pay ludicrous prices because of geography, although apparently the same is true in Moscow despite a more condensed area. To each his own I guess.

22. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    for what its worth and you do seem to be the authority...

what do white basketball players drive?

23. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    $900.000 for a Maybach 62 in Russia? That's a steal :):D

If I were to buy a 57S here in Denmark, I would have to comehow come up with $1.8 million.

A bugatti Veyron would cost me $1.45 million, and then I would have to add various taxes like "vehicle excise duty" which is 180% and other nice taxes.

24. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

You only beat us Norwegians by a small margin... 150.000 $ for a used F355... That's life - f'n unfair sometimes :)

25. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    Duesenberg
    Bugatti Royale.