Porsche 911 4s at Rancho Santa Fe Motor | FerrariChat

Porsche 911 4s at Rancho Santa Fe Motor

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Cuore, Mar 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cuore

Cuore Karting

Apr 28, 2004
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Aren't those things made in Germany? I'd think that there would be a few that are a lot closer to you, no? Or is this more about a weak US $?

3. Cuore

Cuore Karting

Apr 28, 2004
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You got IT! Cost like $50K in US. In Norway this car cost $160K, so even with taxes of $80K, it's a good deal!

Ferrari is the big dream, but I can't take the risk of buying a Ferrari without seeing it....

4. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    FYI

I have family member selling a blk/blk 04 c2s available with 25k miles. I know its a C2 and not a C4, but it might worth taking a look at.
    It is a total Looker of a Porsche. It is not publically for sale.

Techart body kit and wheels, brembo brakes..
    Price is 50k

5. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    Hi Paul,

Rancho Santa Fe Motors is only 5 miles from my office, so I went out during lunch and took a look at it (I didn't have time to drive it though). My impressions:

Overall exterior appearance is very good to excellent for a 2002 vehicle. The car was outside in bright sunlight, and there was a nice, even reflection and sparkle over all painted surfaces. I didn't notice too many fine scratches at all. BTW, its a beautiful metallic gray color!!! I'm sure it was garaged most, if not all of the time. No dents!

There were a few minor chips on the front bumper area (I'd say chip to the clearcoat only). Again for a 2002 with only 7.6K miles, quite impressive. The lower, unpainted airdam (the black rubber / plastic part) looks like its been scraped on a driveway. Very minor though.

Leather interior seem to be in great shape, with no signs of premature aging / fading (dash looked to be in good shape as well). The previous owner had some type of cell phone cradle installed near the passenger knee area. I'm sure it can be uninstalled.

PM me if you want me to look into more details or if you want me to drive it.

Don

6. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have a 2001 Turbo for sale for $60,000. It has only 27K miles and is in excellent condition. Cobalt blue/gray int., Full cabon fiber package including steering whl, center hub, brake handle, and shift, digital sound, rain sensors, heated seats, soft leather, leather head liner. It is in excellent condition and has an extended warranty for two more years or 60K (not sure if good in Norway). I bought this car new and I am selliing because I just bought my 430

7. petert

petert Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Pioneer and Hoehn are the Porsche dealers here, they can do a pre delivery inspection for you, but you would probably need to pay to have it brought there and back.

I think they only look at mechanical though. You should probably ask them if they know a good body shop inspector to run a paint meter (check if any panels have been repainted).

8. Cuore

Cuore Karting

Apr 28, 2004
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Don! Thanks a lot for your help! So far, this car sounds great to me, but I have a problem... I can't decide if I should go for an old 996 4S or the newer 997... Thanks anyway Don, I PM later!

9. Cuore

Cuore Karting

Apr 28, 2004
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Is this a 997?