Pic and info request to the Challenge Stradale owners from a fan and model builder | FerrariChat

Pic and info request to the Challenge Stradale owners from a fan and model builder

Discussion in '360/430' started by stryfe101, Mar 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stryfe101

stryfe101 Rookie

Feb 23, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Gray Smith
    Hey guys, I hope you don't mind me meandering around looking at your wonderful cars. I'm a 360 Modena fan and have been one since they came out, I'm also a big fan of the Challenge Stradale, but for now owning one is simply a long stretched dream, and building one in scale is my reality of ownership. I've had a tamiya Modena kit since they were released and a few years back I bought a resin trans kit(which now that i've actually begun working on the kit its worthless) to convert it over to a much loved 360 CS. I've done a bit of picture and info searching to make sure its as faithful to the real car as possible, and the one area of the car I actually can't locate pics of is the door jam area behind the seats...I am trying to find out if it is the same as the regular 360, or if its different since the CS uses the CF door panels(i'm talking the area behind the door where the factory 3 point belts attach, usually obscured in pictures by the seats). Could anyone out there help me out with a pic or two of that area in thier car? Another area I'm looking for info on is I'm wanting to paint it in a Titanium color like I've seen on here(Grigio Titano or Grigio Silverstone) and I plan for a blue interior to go with it. Was a blue interior ever offered with those colors? or does anyone have a pic of one in a CS? especially with the cf backed sport seats? Lastly can someone provide a good picture of the fluid tank area that is mounted on the passenger side of the engine bay back in the muffler area? Thanks in advance guys for any help with pics...this will seriously help me out with building this wonderful car.

Thanks

Gray Smith

2. vm3

vm3 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    California
    #2 vm3, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Too bad the only 1:18 CS model available is the crudely made and inaccurate Hotwheels. It's surprising that Ferrari licensed Hotwheels but not the better quality AutoArt.

The "door jam" area you are referring to is the firewall between the passenger and engine compartments. It is exactly the same as the Modena's, except in material and color. In the Modena, it is smooth leather. In the CS, it is usually suede leather (Alcantara) but sometimes smooth leather. The most common Alcantara color is charcoal (not a true black). I've never seen a CS with a blue interior.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #3 720, Mar 12, 2008
    here's a grigio alloy with dark blue alcantara interior.

4. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    #4 ferrariKP, Mar 12, 2008
  5. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    #5 StoryBook, Mar 12, 2008
  6. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    #6 watt, Mar 12, 2008
  7. vincentdds

vincentdds Karting

Jul 31, 2006

Nice seat belt pads Kuzi.

8. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    :) Thanks to you Vince. Not a bad match eh??

9. vm3

vm3 Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2007
    California
    #9 vm3, Mar 14, 2008
  10. stryfe101

stryfe101 Rookie

Feb 23, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Gray Smith
    Thanks for the help guys....truly beautiful cars, I'm now researching exhaust set-ups, I've found Ricambi's website is a great deal of help with tier exploded view parts diagrams. I've decided on my paint colors and I've added a Spyder to the project list as well, one regular CS how i'd own it, and a custom CS spyder

Gray