2003 575 Questions | FerrariChat

2003 575 Questions

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by gatorgreg, Mar 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I just purchased a 2003 575 F1. It came with no operational manuals. I know the car. I have a 550. I just need some help with a couple of questions?
    1. Is it possible to turn off the passenger side airbag? How?
    2. What are the two round buttons left of the window switches on the center dash?
    3. Does it have a hidden launch control with the F1? If so, how?

2. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I strongly suggest you buy the complete set of manuals. If nothing else, they'll be an important asset when you eventually sell the car. You can probably get a set on ebay for substantially less than it costs from the dealer (I did that for my 456M and got all of them for around $150. You might also want to get the Schedoni leather case that they come in. That too can be bought new on ebay for anywhere from $75-$300, depending on your luck.

3. DJM68

DJM68 Rookie

Aug 25, 2007
    You can download the manual on ferrariowners.com -for free
    1. The switch for the passenger airbag was an option
    2. These buttons are for switching the display information (time/temp/pressure) (total km/trip km)
    3. I never tried the lauch control -it is described somewhere in this form

4. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    1. If you do have the option, the airbag switch is between the dash and door of passenger seat, i believe. door has to be open to get to it

I do not believe launch was available in US cars. do a search, I know there is a thread

5. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    If your car does not have an airbag shutoff I suggest www.airbagonoff.com

Search the forum, I posted pics of their install on my 03 575

-dsd

6. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    My car has a light on the dash that says air bag off.

7. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    All of them have that light in the middle, but the optional key turn off is located on the passenger side of the dash. you cannot see it unless the door is open. I think all the cars have the 40lb. or less auto shut off. Next time you are in the car and the engine is running, place a heavy bag or cinderblock (hehe) in the passenger seat. I am pretty sure the airbag off light will come on. Most cars have an auto shut off designed for small children. However, the shut off option allows you to turn it off regardless. Down load the manual.

8. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I know this is a little bit of lock the door after. However, I would never buy a car this recent that did not have everything it was born with. These critters are way too complicated to deal with without the books. When in doubt, you absolutely MUST read the package insert. I refer to my '03 575M books very often.

9. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hence, my comment above. You can't (and shouldn't try) to own a 575M on the cheap.