Puma 60th anniversary t-shirts? | FerrariChat

Puma 60th anniversary t-shirts?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Feb 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I was told recently about a series of 6 special t-shirts that Puma had released in honor of Ferrari's 60th anniversary. They did not appear on Puma's website, so I was told to go to their store in Lenox Square, listed as their only store in Georgia.

Unfortunately I could only find the red '87-'96 t-shirt in my size, large. It had the official 60th anniversary logo in front, and in back it had the 10 logos for the decade that also appeared in the little 60th anniversary book that has appeared at FoA. At $28, it wasn't a bad value, especially compared to the shirts that the dealers were selling.

They had the grey '97-'06 shirt and a single example of the white '47-'56 shirt, but both in the wrong sizes. Does anyone know of an alternate source for these shirts??

2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Did you call Harold at FOA?

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Stephane, I'll try to stop by FoA before heading to Andretti's tomorrow afternoon, but the last time I was there they didn't have any of those shirts.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    No dice.....Harold said (as I thought he would) that FoA never got that style of shirt from Puma. (And to show what I was looking for, I was wearing the one shirt that I had managed to find.)

5. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    It's interesting that this thread came up - my one and only bit of Ferrari merchandise is the 1967-1976 Ferrari Puma T-shirt, which my brother found in a Puma store at a mall in Charlotte, North Carolina. I'm more of a fan of the newer models, so I would've preferred a more recent shirt, but I do wear this one from time to time. Here is a photo of the back of the shirt.

6. atlSPOTTER

atlSPOTTER Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    #6 atlSPOTTER, Mar 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Lucky kid! It looks like, between all of us, we might be able to assemble one collection of all the shirts.

8. UGAFerrariFan

UGAFerrariFan Rookie

Jun 6, 2005
    GA
    It's probably worth calling the Puma outlet store in Dawsonville as well; they've had a pretty good Ferrari selection in the past.

9. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I was thinking the same thing about contacting the outlet store north of Dallas.

10. pressuretested

pressuretested Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    peachtree city, ga
    Full Name:
    bryson richards
    I picked up several of these @ the Puma store in Lenox Mall.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    How recently?

12. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    Yes they have many different styles in right now.

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Thanks for the information, guys. I went there tonight and got 3 of the remaining 5 shirts in my size: the white '47-'56, the yellow '57-'66 and the black '67-'76. They had examples of the blue and grey shirts as well, but in the wrong sizes. They did say that they are expecting more in. Ironically, the red shirt that I got last time was the only one they didn't have on this occasion.

I was surprised that these shirts are all $28, whereas the other Ferrari t-shirts on hand were all $45. Compared to most things Ferrari, these anniversary shirts are good value for the money.

I also looked at the shoes; there are more Ferrari styles than before but all are still a bit too garish for my tastes. (I must admit that I did take a second look at the red/white/green "striped" style -- it would make a good shoe for parties!) And I noted that Puma also has shoes for the BMW Sauber team.

14. euro_exoticar

euro_exoticar Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Gainesville GA
    Full Name:
    Justin Edward Jones
    #14 euro_exoticar, Mar 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. atlSPOTTER

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    And for the Maserati fans Puma at Lenox is soon receiving Maserati Apparel.

16. pressuretested

pressuretested Karting

Sep 29, 2004
    peachtree city, ga
    Full Name:
    bryson richards
    we went there after the GT show and they said what's on the shelf is all there is. they have a new collection coming in.