Whats this 1999 355 worth? Looks almost perfect, major just down 350 miles ago... | FerrariChat

Whats this 1999 355 worth? Looks almost perfect, major just down 350 miles ago...

Discussion in '348/355' started by horsmanp, Mar 16, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Nice car, only thing that bothers me is only 350 miles in 2+ years (if I read that correctly). These cars don't like to sit, I'd definitely plan on a major within 1 yr..

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    +1. Price ranges in the low to mid $80k

3. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Gorgeous car. I'd say mid 80's now and potentially high 80's to low 90's in the summer. Wish it was in the 100s...of course I'm biased! :D :D :D

4. eric lipper

eric lipper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    I paid $93 for a 1999 6 speed from Sport Auto in North Carolina. I think I paid a little premium but the car was clean and Sport Auto is a known Ferrari expert so they could say whether or not the car was a pig, or had some story. The car I bought was a Black/Tan with 8500 miles. I would say that anywhere around 85000 to 90000 is a fair price, and red should be higher, but I wouldn't worry if it was more because the little bits will may any "great deal" look stupid. In an event, and regardless of how long it has been since its recent major, do a full leak down to look at the cylinder/valve condition. I looked at several 355's and the most beautiful 5000 mile car at NaplesMotorSports did not pass a leak down. I know that the car was otherwise perfect and the owner of NapleMotorSports would have made some real adjustments to the price to accomodate the gremlins but I opted to buy the car from SportAuto because all I needed to do was insert the key and drive. Just my 2 cents.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    The original window sticker shows the costs of the rear Challenge grill as $444---Now you can't touch one for under $1300---Inflation is a B^&*h

6. Ferrari Fanatic

Ferrari Fanatic Formula 3

Apr 2, 2003
    SoCal
    Well more specifically it is the weakness of the Dollar against the Euro. And yes it sucks, big time !

I have been to Europe 10 times in the last eight years. With the 15 hour flight and weakening Dollar I am staying stateside for a while.