Time to let Graham back in? | FerrariChat

Time to let Graham back in?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jati, Mar 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jati

Jati Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    Florida & NC
    Full Name:
    Joe G.
    Hi All,

I was wondering if we (Rob) could let Comrade Graham's time-out expire early?

I'm sure he now realizes that some of his posts were over-the-top & in some instances, a waste of bandwidth....But, he did add a constant state of provocative thinking and entertainment to the Supercar forum. The rhetoric, while a bit racy, was giving new life to the forum; which has been a bit boring of late.

My .02
    Joe

2. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    don't know why he was banned, but i did find his posts amusing and actually miss them myself.

3. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I too have no idea why he was banned..he was sometimes quite "wordy" but interesting none the less. Let's have him back, please.

4. jason bodington

jason bodington Karting

Jun 11, 2007
    wales
    Full Name:
    jason bodington
    he not only lit up this section with the most obscure topics, but also the uk section.
    he has surely been away long enough, i look forward to his hasty return!

5. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I find this hard to believe - he was a classic troll. I much prefer his absence.

6. Joe360

Joe360 Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Germany&Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I agree 120%, he surely learnt his lesson. Really looking forward to reading his witty posts again.
    Fchat in general and the supercar section in particular have bee quite boring lately IMVHO... :(

7. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Indeed they have. Return our beloved Comrade to us.

8. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    +1000

9. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I also prefer his absence. No idea why he was banned but the cumulative weight of his posts was rather tiresome

10. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Absolutely - another vote here for his return!!

If you believe this there is an appropriate treatment method - ignore

11. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  12. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Bu66er the vote, he has been banned. He has been banned before and this time it didnt take long either.

I'm from the UK also and quite frankly have never understood him. His constant drivel, comrade p1sh, jeez I mean we even need to create a thread about it.

Keep him banned.

13. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    I don't miss him.

14. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I'd much prefer if he typed in American instead of English so that I can understand him.

15. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    I'd rather have a quiet forum than one packed with crap post content.

Yes, it was, for the most part, well intentioned - but it was too much. I agree with Ferraridude615 - perhaps if it were a little less wordy and in American English it wouldn't "grate" as much.

16. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan
    +1

17. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    +1

18. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Agreed - this section is much more useful without his verbose commentary and pointlessly ridiculous threads.

>8^)
    ER

19. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    He was my "new word a day" source. Plus, he had actual content. I think he had more content than many hundreds of people on this, and many other, boards. Double Plus, he was a lot of fun. My 2 cents. - Tim

20. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Potentially missing the point here, I doubt he got banned for his English. That we may never know.

Anyway moving on

21. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Well He did promote some useless banter. I mean he once asked about a Phantom which has been discussed very thoroughly on this board as an automobile. Also while i don't mind eloquent use of language, sometimes he was over the top, almost sounded like he was trying too hard. But thats just my opinion, not only that he has caused various arguments before that lead up to the banning of 2-3 highly statued members. So while he did give to the community, i dont think it outweighs his overall rubbish posts. Thats my opinion.

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    graham's a top fellow, if a little misunderstood.... :)

23. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Graham is more than a little misunderstood.

I enjoy emails and PMs with him, but his posts here serve to clutter without providing any useful (well in 90+ percent) information. If I was looking for long winded soliloqies, he'd be back. If we all enjoyed his sesquipedalian antics he'd be here. If I thought he had learned his lesson, I'd ask the mod who banned him to lift the ban today.

Alas, I doubt highly that his 90 day vacation will stem the tide of his verbosity. When he returns, he'll simply pick up where he left off, which is unfortunate because it will simply lead to another ban.

So, short story long (in true 512Tea Are style) no, he's out for the full 90.

DM

24. zoRob

zoRob Formula 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Cambs, UK
    I would certainly vote for his return if it came up. From what i gather i dont think he will return at all, which is a shame.

25. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    yeah but this section is really boring now... Sorry but the F40 pictures thread, F40 discussion thread, and I just sold/got a new F40 that keep on reappearing are nice for about a week, but nothing is new.