Hmmmm.... | FerrariChat

Hmmmm....

Discussion in '308/328' started by blmjumper, Mar 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Seems pricey for what it is. The headrests are not even matched to the seat leather for starters.

2. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Its sad when these guys play the sound investment card with a car they made more than 6000 of. I could see it being worth that if say it had 10k or 15K miles on it. And yeah how much more trouble would it have been to redo the headrests also? I'm not buying the rebuilt engine for $10K either. I think the feedback score says it all.

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    "First, the Euro 328 weighs just 2806!!! That’s 357 pounds lighter than the USA model which weighs in at 3163. The benefits of this light weight are felt in lighter steering, faster braking and higher cornering speeds as well as improved acceleration."

Ummm... what?

Gene

4. blmjumper

blmjumper Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2006
    Boise
    Full Name:
    Ty
    "She’s just as Pinin Farina intended her to be! She’s a pure European model. Look closely and you’ll see the significant differences. First, the ordinary 328 looks nose heavy, like there’s too much overhang, and it’s true there is because Ferrari lengthened the front bumper for the US market. The European model does not suffer this heavy handed imbalance (remember how MG addressed the new bumper laws by jacking their cars up like trucks and sticking ugly black rubber bumpers in place of sweet chrome bumpers)."

-I liked this part.....However, I had to go home and tell my 328 she doesn't suffer this heavy handed imbalance. She was getting a complex and all...wouldln't go out...sat in front of the mirror for hours complaining her nose was too big. Let's just hope she doesn't decide on a nose job

5. blmjumper

blmjumper Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2006
    Boise
    Full Name:
    Ty
    -This part was pretty good too....

Now is the time to invest in a ferrari!

Think about it. Stocks go up and mostly down lately as they're little more than guesses about a companies and the economies future. Besides, you don't get a literal piece of the company! Housing is local market dependent. Ferraris are an international commodity. They're desired from Beverly Hills to Beijing. They're not making any more 328 Ferrari while they continue to mine for new gold. India, China and Russia, the emerging economies, will add nearly 3 billion consumers to the 1 billion current Ferrari consumer category (USA-Europe-Japan). As those economies strenghten there will be an ever increasing demand for older Ferraris. Supply and demand set price. Dinos are pushing $200k. The same designer who designed the Dino did the 328 and the Boxer. The Boxer has gone up 100% in the last couple of years! Not many stocks do that! Even the unloved 330GT 2+2 has gone from $30k to upwards of $100k!

...and I won't even begin to dive into the flawed logic here