Heater piping | FerrariChat

Heater piping

Discussion in '206/246' started by StephenShoubridge, Mar 14, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StephenShoubridge

May 28, 2006
    West Sussex UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Shoubridge
    Need some help

trying to work out the way the car heaters are plummed in.
    my car has 2 heater boxes at the front the one on the righ tlooking from behind the steering wheel has the heater valve
    bolted to it. The car has a T piece on the main radiator hose.

Am I right in thinking that the heater hose come down the right hand sill to the left heater box in at the bottom of the heater radiator the from there going to the right radiator in at the top.

Then from the bottom of the right radiator heater valve via a hole drilled in the spare wheel carrier to the T piece.
    cant quite see from Jons

Stephen

2. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Stephen,
    My US car has the hot water coming down the right side under the door. Goes under the frame about the center line of front wheel. Comes up through hole in fiberglass tub just at edge of spare tire. Then goes back about 10", curves up and goes into bottom of heater valve. Water comes out of right heater, curves under hot air ducts across car, comes forward under relay panel wire bundle and goes into left heater. Water then goes down through hole in tub and into Tee headed for the radiator. The Euro front frame might be diferent and the right hand drive complicates access on the right for you but I believe the routing makes sense for your car. The only detail drawing I have shows a Euro heater setup with only one heater. Probably a very early car. My car is set up for AC even though I pulled all plumbing for that. Someone with a chassis parts book might be able to shed more light. Good luck.
    John

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #3 Steve Magnusson, Mar 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    That is the flow I have Steve but I wished the OM drawing had more detail about where exactly the hoses went getting from here to there. Maybe Stephen can find the old holes where things were and go from there.
    John

5. StephenShoubridge

May 28, 2006
    West Sussex UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Shoubridge
    I think your right John, buts whats throwing me is looking at Jon,s pictures, I ask Jon on his dino restoration site.

Stephen

6. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    Steven,
    I took a look at Jon's picture of the bottom of the front tub. His Dino had the valve hose going through the tub to the tee on the radiator hose. Turns out that mine does too. Went out to my car, pulled the plastic at the rear of the spare tire and traced the path of the top hose leaving the left heater. Hard to see but followed it across the car under the air ducts. It goes down, out behind the right front wheel gravel shield, under the right door back to the engine. The top hose leaving the right heater goes across the car to the bottom of the left heater as I said before. Sorry I mixed up direction of flow in my earlier post. Hope this makes sense with your car.
    John

7. StephenShoubridge

May 28, 2006
    West Sussex UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Shoubridge
    Thanks John

Thats brilliant appreciate you stripping your car to look

Stephen

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #8 synchro, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In my LHD Dinos the hose travels from the "T" above the waterpump forward of the heat exchanger and fuel lines, outward over the RH gas tank, down between the body and forward through the rocker panel.

In the picture, it is clearly marked as the horizontal-ish hose at the top, decorated with red overspray above the fuel tank leaks.

Hope this helps.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login