how can this happen | FerrariChat

how can this happen

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sigmacars, Mar 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    I just posted a thread and pics for the dashwarning lights i made and now it is gone from the page i dont understand

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Maybe in Tech Section??????

I get lost all the time in here!!!

3. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    did i pi%& somebody of by making this part and offering them on this site?

4. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    Go into Advanced search and search by "Posts by USER". It should show you all active threads in which you posted or replied regardless of section.

Hope you find it

5. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    recently the powers that be have been deleting posts of items for sale. ferrariads.com is where we have been directed to go. I'm sure you can get an answer if you ask the mods.

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oh, yea commercial Sales Posts should be up in FerrarAds, that's all...

It's free if you subscribe for $15.....

Yea, selling stuff is a 'no no' otherwise.....

7. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    i listed my e-mai and this is a no-no i gues

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Scott, did you see the thread desperately seeking your injector plugs???

Didn't know if you saw it....

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Dangerous to list in a post as software programs seek them out for "spamming"

10. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    I did this and the removed them all i will repost but without my e-mail addr.

11. smg2

smg2 F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Apr 1, 2004
    Dumpster Fire #31
    Full Name:
    SMG
    no, the problem is i have to have lots of them run at once to get any kind of decent cost.

12. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Your not alone...my hose kit thread was deleted without explanation last night. I moved it to FerrariAds. Already subscribed ;)

13. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    Been trying to figure this out myself as I have Wiring Diagrams many have wanted. Since I've invested many hundreds of hours and they are worth a few bucks I don't feel bad about mentioning them occasionally. But mine and others do NOT have a commercial endeavour any more than Birdman or Verrell do. Sorry those names come to mind quickly as valuable providers but Commercial...NOT.

In the Resources>Rules for COMMERCIAL POSTS > begin-quote
    "2.1) Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, email address, business, MLM, activity, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (ie. no self-promotion).

2.2) No advertisements or links to advertisements in the forums.
    Selling or wanting cars, parts, memorabilia, or anything else not allowed unless a sponsor.
    end-quote

Bottom line - a greed thing? Requiring the $50 yearly payment. Whoa-that's commercial...we are not. Plus almost no one uses FerrariAds.com when they need something as you don't know it's there and you can't find anything there anyway.

BUT-- what about NON-COMMERCIAL exchanging of wares? There are many unanswered questions...does elimination of price or email address get you anywhere? Doubt it.

14. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Hey guys... here's the deal. We have a moderator (not me) who has been specifically tasked by Rob to handle complaints from sponsors. If a paid sponsor complains about something being sold in the main forums by a non-sponsor, the thread will get deleted.

The way around this is to use FerrariAds.com for the sales... just give basic info and/or discussion in the main forums, but don't do sales/ads here... point to the FerrariAds reference.

Rob recognizes that there is a lot of innovation and sharing especially in the 3x8 community where we're trying to bring our old cars up to modern standards, or in some cases just bring them back to factory specs, but you can't take business away from paid sponsors by posting ads (or the equivalent of ads) in the main forums. Use the FerrariAds.com feature/link -- but of course it's find to DISCUSS the stuff in the main forums, and it's fine for BUYERS to say they're happy with what they've purchased.

Mike C.

15. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Let me add, as a 3x8 forum advocate, that if you think the policy should be changed, and you have suggestions on HOW it should be changed in such a way that it doesn't compete with paid sponsors, Rob Lay is the one you want to suggest it to... or if you'd like, PM me and I'll carry it forward.

16. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    The policy should allow items not available ANYWHERE ELSE, sponsor or otherwise, to be mentioned without the dreaded 'FoR' (fear of retribution), in the forum.

FerrariAds.com is a near worthless area as the average joe doesn't know what resides there. The lastest hose kit offering is a good example. Sponsors don't have them...some have an ill fitting few hoses but no kit or quality hoses. When someone needs hoses, how would they know to look in FA.com unless a description is given here? And once at FA.com, it's dang near impossible to find anything.

To post a description of items recently placed in the FA.com SHOULD BE allowed what? monthly, bimonthly? without 'FoR'.
    There should be guidelines on this description i.e. length limit(y/n), email address(y/n), URL(y/n), pics(y/n), price(y/n) and frequency if recurring.
    They should only link to FA.com(y/n)

To ban this precludes valuable items from needy owners. I don't see anyone making any money here which belongs to a sponsor as this level of effort for such items is usually a labor of love. I didn't Photoshop my diagrams for a buck but for myself, but now that I'm there I'd like to share and comensation for that time involved in sharing is not denied by willing owners.

Few years back I wrote several software programs to place my Motorola police radios into the ham bands and soon found others wanted my software. I found by charging $20 a pop it would give some measure of gratitude back for the many hours I then incurred answering questions. Now those programs are on Russian and Chinese hacker sites where those hackers charge for my software. I know that my schematic drawings will be hacked onto 'free' Ferrari sites within 2 years and only ask some green recognition in until then.

17. Andrew Bolton

Andrew Bolton Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Spring, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andrew Bolton
    Your ad does appear below. Am I missing something?

18. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    I dont realy care abouth the $5.00 if i would do it for the money i put the on e-bay where all the Ferrari drivers are shopping i cant even upload on this Ferrari Ads site it take for ever and no one goes there.I am sory if broke the rules i just think some one should look at them as the main reason for this site is helping each other out,but politics is stronger the common sence this is the real world i guess.

19. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Perhaps a separate sticky that can have info added to it at the top of the section (like the cross reference one) could be created for guys that are doing things on the side? That way all us 308/328 guys don't have to go searching through a bunch of ads for info.