champion motors party | FerrariChat

champion motors party

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 95spiderman, Mar 20, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i was there last night and was a total zoo. they made a mistake letting everyone in. if it was invitation only it would have been really nice. rain didnt help either

what was the silver 250 gto or swb? didnt seem authentic for some reason. was it a rebody?

how about the radical done up in green bentley livery for $175k? what kind of safety does it offer compared to what must be insane performance? what type of v8 does it have that revs over 10k? is it also motorcycle based like the other models?

2. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    +1. There were a lot of people there.

3. wassabihg

wassabihg Formula 3

Feb 6, 2006
    Yup, a lot of people! But it was still a lot of fun!

Here are some of the pictures I took at the party - Pictures

4. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    Sweet pics. Thanks for sharing. Good seeing you again yesterday.

5. wassabihg

wassabihg Formula 3

Feb 6, 2006
    Great to see you too buddy! Hope you join more events in the future, there are many more coming up.

6. Nsx Pilot

Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    The green wrist strap is from the NY Autoshow press day

7. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    250 GTO in silver there is technically a replica. The owner had a real 250 GTO but did not want to risk crashing it at the track so he had a authentic replica made so well, that NO one would be able to tell the difference at the track events. He had Ferrari inspect the car year after year for these Ferrari events and he got away with it until years later when they found out. 9 out of 10 people would think it is real. The original owner paid good money for that.

8. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    They must have had about 2000 people there last night. That was some party and they got what they wanted; a huge turnout. If you think about it, if they did not have that many people, the possibility for business would be cut down and they did not want that. If they are shelling out $100K+ for a party, I think they want to get their moneys worth.

9. Arrwin

Arrwin Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Midtown NY
    Full Name:
    Arrwin
    Good pt. and i'm sure they gained a couple of new customers yesterday. Even at 10% that would be a good R0I.

10. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Yes it would be.

11. Cscat87

Cscat87 Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great party, I had a blast. Good to see you again Keith, you need to come on the Spring Sprint since there's no Poker Run this year!

12. mclc26

mclc26 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks for the pics Hovik - looks like everyone had a blast!

Had to miss the party due to some nasty flooding around here... Should've just hopped in a rowboat and paddled my way over...